Author Topic: My Chitra Pournam Pilgrimage  (Read 3012 times)

karthikeyan M

My Chitra Pournam Pilgrimage
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »
On 8 May 2009 I started off to Tiruvannamalai from Bangalore reached there by 11 in the morning, kept my luggage in safe in cloak room, did a fast search for a room unfortunately no rooms were available and some that were there were priced Rs 1300-1500, the heat was on, left to Ramana Ashram we waited for the doors to open by 2 in the afternoon, some people were lying inside the Ramana samadhi , its really bad and some one should stop this act, people were in fact inside the samadhi to escape the heat rather than to gain peace with Bhagavan. Left Ashram for the temple to join the queue, we had planned to go for Rs 100 or 50 queue darshan but this was quite opposite there was queue outside the temple complex which further divides between the type of darshan. so we abandoned it, look for the room, finally a lodge owner promise that a room could be available only after 9 pm, ok we booked and left for girivalam at 6.30 pm and finished the path by 11 pm headed straight for the lodge, thank god room was available.
Next morning 9 May 2009, seeing the heavy rush of people to the temple, headed to bus stand to board the bus for Kanchipuram, it so happens all the buses were halted, no buses were to be found in Tiruvananamalai bus stand, at last 10.30 am found one, reached Kanchipuram by 1.30 pm, the heat made  us sweat out liters of water out of our bodies. Got a room nearby the bus stand, around 3 pm head for Varadharaja Perumal Temple by a share auto and then for Ekambaranatha Temple and later for Kailasanathar Temple (it was nearly dark, but the temple was simply majestic) headed back to the lodge.
Last day, 10 May 2009, morining headed for Sri Ulaganatha Swami Temple and from there Kamakshi Amman Temple and back to Varadharaja Perumal Temple as there was time available (brought some prasadam for home) headed back to lodge, Left Kanchipuram at 10.30 am to Arrakonam on the way we planned to visit Tirutani Temple so extended our journey to the Tirutani Temple, reached therey by 12.15 pm, rushed to temple bus stand to board the hill bus, damn the bus moves finally, on the hill rush again for Rs 25 queue and had a very good darshan of Murgan and rush back again to temple bus stand, oh there is a hug queue for the temple bus, no time we have to catch the train at Arrokanam so we take a auto  from the hill and took the bus to arrakonam reaching there by  1.30 pm had lunch and headed for the railway station, the train arrives 10 minutes late, reached Bangalore 1hr late

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: My Chitra Pournam Pilgrimage
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »
Dear karthikeyan. M

Happy to see you back in the Forum.  Do not worry about the various
difficulties in the pilgrimage.  It strenghtens our resolve.  I am happy
you have covered many temples.  This is the hottest season in Tamil
Nadu.  Yesterday, Tiruttani was 44 degrees celsius.  Ultimately the
end justifies the means.  One way to make it somewhat better, is to
write to Sri Ramanasramam or Seshadri Asramam for rooms.  They
give you room but you have to finalize your travel plan and write
to them clear one month in advance.  In December during Mahadeepam, you have to write to them clear three months before!
The rooms in these two asramams are absolutely free and you can
if you feel like, give them some donation and take a receipt.  Food
in Sri Ramanasramam is also free.  You have go be there only in time.

Regarding people sitting or sleeping before Bhagavan Ramana's
Samadhi:  Why are you feeling bad about it?  So long as they (children) does not  make it dirty by urination, it is fine.  After all, Guru is the final resting place for every seeker.  Only in Old Hall
and in Mathrubhuteswara Temple, (Mother's Temple), which is a
formal temple, nobody is allowed to lie down.  One can sit there but should not lie down.  You might have even seen in Varadharaja
and Ekambara temples, people sitting at the outer portals and even
sleeping in 1000 pillared mantapa.  In the olden days, temples were built as a safe place in times of war, floods and other natural calamities.  The king used to allow the people inside the temples and feed them in times of war and ravages of natural calamities.     

Arunachala Siva.

munagala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 10:55:23 AM »
Dear Karthik,

Nice to know about your tour.

We also go to temples, ashrams to find some relief from the pressures of materialistic life.

If we look at all incidents as act or wish of God then we will not complain or dislike it.

In another thread someone asked how to deal with dislikes. This is the way.

Regards,
Sambu

karthikeyan M

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »
[quote Regarding people sitting or sleeping before Bhagavan Ramana's
Samadhi:  Why are you feeling bad about it?  So long as they (children) does not  make it dirty by urination, it is fine.  After all, Guru is the final resting place for every seeker.  Only in Old Hall
and in Mathrubhuteswara Temple, (Mother's Temple), which is a
formal temple, nobody is allowed to lie down.  One can sit there but should not lie down. 
[/quote]

Thanks for the post, but may be my earlier message wasn't proper, Some people were lying inside the Old Hall (i.e with white marble surface) this made me angry.

Thanks

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 05:41:28 PM »
Dear karthikeyan. M

It does not matter.  There are three places which are halls
in Asramam.

1. The front portion of Mother's Temple, where you find the
statue of Bhagavan to your right as you enter, is called Jubilee
Hall or New Hall, which was made as a thatched shed in 1946.

2. The Old Hall is the one near the dininghall/kitchen, behind
the well, is where Bhagavan sat for more than 24 years and
great works like Talks, Day by Day, Sri Ramana Gita bhashyam were written / read out.  This is the most vibrant place.  Here one should not lie down/sleep.  Utter silence is maintained.

3. The Samadhi Hall is the largest one before Bhagavan's
Samadhi, which is also a resting place during rains/hot
summer.  In the evenings, book reading and parayana take
place here.

Arunachala Siva.