Author Topic: Swami Suresananda - 4  (Read 2927 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Swami Suresananda - 4
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
   A few days before the Mahasamadhi of Bhagavan Ramana, Vakeel
Swami, along with a friend, P.C. Menon, a Magistrate from Ottapalam,
near Palakkad, visited Bhagavan.  There was a huge crowd of devotees.  A queue system had been introduced for those seeking
darshan.  When the turn of Swamiji and his friend came, he stood
before Bhagavan and chanted this verse:

yato mamatma bhavasi tvameva
tato na vacyam mama kincidasi
yatha tavestam kuru mam tathaiva
tvamatmantham ramanam bhajami.

As you are my own soul, I have nothing to say to you.  Make me
do as you please, I surrender myself to you, Sri Ramana, the Lord
of my soul.

He also communicated to Bhagavan Ramana the desire of his friend
to donate a large sum to the Ramana ashram at Palakkad.  But Bhagavan suggested that he give rather to the poor.  With these
words of Bhagavan ringing in the ears after a lapse of some years,
Swamiji was able to start a Poor Feeding Yajna during one of the
last Malayalam month of that year.  Today, it has become a permanent feature of the ashram, affording solace to hundreds of poverty stricken people.

During the ceremony on the occasion of the Mahasamadhi of Sri
Bhagavan, Swamiji managed to get some Vibhuti from the Mahasamadhi of Bhagavan with the help of Kunju Swami.  He kept it in an urn underneath the earth above which the sanctum sanctorum of puja room of the memorial hall was built.

Subsequently Vakeel Swami took sannyasa from Swami Purushottamanandaji Maharaj of Vasishta Guha and confirmed to
spiritual activities.  He had the sannyasi name of Swami Suresananda.  He gave free tuition to poor students to help them continue their studies.  He also made great efforts to popularize the study of Sanskrit.  Despite being an erudite scholar in English, Malayalam and Sanskrit, he was simple and unassuming and was always avaiable to seekers. 

He contributed many articles to Mountain Path and other periodicals on the teachings of Bhagavan Ramana.  His translation of Yoga Vasishtam was published in Mountain Path and subsequently published by Sri Ramanasramam, as a book.

(Source: As indicated in Part 1)

Arunachala Siva.