Author Topic: Pearls of Wisdom of Bhagavan through Mr. Nome - 6  (Read 1081 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Pearls of Wisdom of Bhagavan through Mr. Nome - 6
« on: April 16, 2009, 03:15:27 PM »
Mr. Nome continues....

The body was afflicted by asthma.  At night, I did not know if
was the next breath would come.  The medicines did not work,
and the side effects of those medicines available at that time
could be as lethal as the disease itself.  It was all so obvious
that life is short and fleeting, and that death comes quickly and
unexpectedly.  It was doubtful that the bodily life would survive
to adulthood, and the physicians yeilded to their despair.  At that
time, it seemed as if I was left with a choice.  On the one hand,
I could pursue a search  for some kind of cure that could hopefully
be found somewhere.  If a cure was found, lie might be extended
so that spiritual practice could continue.  If the attempt failed, the remaining moments would have been wasted, the life lived in vain, and the only vow I took, the oney one Bhagavan Ramana demanded
-- the vow for Liberation, Moksha. -- would be left unfulfilled.  On the other hand, I could stay put and pursue spiritual practice as He revealed it with all the energy I could muster and adhere to the Truth of the bodiless Self, with full conviction and perseverence, come what may, regardless of the risk.  I felt inside myself, "If I do not fully awaken to the Truth, I will live and die in an unreal dream.  If I practice right through the last breath, it will all be worth it.  And
if the Truth is realized evfen at the last moment, the Liberation from the samsara (birth and death) will be for all eternity."

I placed myself in His hands.  When the heart's consecration is made, Grace which is always present, reveals itself wondrously.  The intensity yielded the yearned for freedom, and miraculously His Grace made known to me a complete cure for the supposedly incurable disease!  He is the immaculately perfect One, and the all-accomplishing One.       

What a relief!  What freedom!  All the concerns centred arund the body
had been to no purpose and had been groundless.  Illness and pain
were no more afflictions.  The inert body can move all day, yet stillness
prevails and I never do anything.  And the fear of death was gone by His immortality revealing Truth and His Bliss bestowing Grace.

.... The Presence of the Guru brings everything to a cessation.  Whether it be before His couch or samadhi, gazing at His lustrous
picture, opening a book containing His nectarean instructions, or simply meditating upon His Presence in the Heart, we find that the ego and its characteristics and concerns stop dead there and then.
The ego falls prostrate, as it were, and cannot continue another step.  In that Presence, no attachment can survive, nor can any idea or
opinion remains.  Not can any idea of "a world" continue.  Nor can past thoughts be recalled, nor future ones come, nor can the ego-
mind reach its limit.  Like Brahma and Vishnu, encountering the infinite Linga of Siva, the mind's creating and sustaining end, and the egoless, infinite Consciousness, self-luminous, reveals itself.  The "ability" to be this or that is lost, and the ego lies exposed in its
vacuity.  How false were all the delusions, fears, and anticipation!  They wither and perish by just the slightest touch, in whatever manner, of Bhagavan Ramana's Presence.

(Source:  Centenary of the Advent of Bhagavan, 1996, Souvenir.
An article by Mr. Nome.)

Arunachala Siva.