Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 2285 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: April 09, 2009, 11:56:13 AM »
Ms. Marlies Hibschenberger writes:

As a university student in Germany in 1959, I was one of a group
of four friends interested in Eastern Philosophy, whether through
books or seminars or by any other means.  I began to think: "There
must be some very deep meaning in this life that our reason for being
here, but if so, how to find it out?"

I took out from the book stall of that small town, a book, A Search in
Secret India.  It felt like fire in my hand and I bought that book with
the last pocket money and quickly ran away to read it.   The book
completely enthralled me.  After some time, with some more money,
I purchased In Days of Great Peace, by Mouni Sadhu.  The second book, I read with a torch under my blankets at night, so that my parents would not scold me for reading such books!

I decided to work and earn money to go to Tiruvannamalai.  It took
twenty three years.  Not knowing the exact address, I just wrote a mail Sri Ramanasramam, Arunachala, South India.  A reply came after some time, a welcoming later came from the Asramam and I was ready to reach out to Bhagavan Ramana, into the tiger's mouth!

I came by cheap flights and boats via Merseille and Bombay.  The
Asramam was simpler and there was no grand samadhi at all.  Next
day I literally ran up to Skandasramam and spent my time.  There were only a handful Westerners and there was a German, Hugo Maier, who had already been there for five years!  And there was our Muruganar Swami and Viswanatha Swami and their doors were open for all the 24 hours.  There were also Annamalai Swami, Kunju Swami, Mrs. and Mr. Osborne and Ms Roda McIver.  There was also beloved Post Master Raja.  I lived in a room beside Ramaswami Pillai's.

And those days and weeks were spent sitting in the Old Hall where I strongly felt that Bhagavan had never left and where His Grace was showered upon uninterruptedly.

Coming as an empty cup, I left Tiruvannamalai knowing that I carried now the greatest treasure, a being in an ordinary form can be capable of receiving. 

I boarded the Cambodje in Colombo, Ceylon and came to Merseille after an experience that was given to me.  Since then we have come every year for longer or shorter periods.

Since then in these 40 years, there have been dramatic changes in Tiruvannamalai.  But HIS POWER REMAINS!

(Source: Mountain Path, July-Sept 2007.)

Arunachala Siva.