Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 2222 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: March 31, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »
Andrew Bukaba, a Polish gentleman, who settled down in Tiruvannamalai in 2001 writes:

After running away from Poland, afflicted by Communism, I spent
two years in England.  Finally, I was allowed to settle down in the
free world.  My choice was Australia, but being everything was
different.  I had some problems in English.  I attended a one month
course in London and then one month in Melbourne. 

A chance book given by my aunt, Man's Past, Present and Future still
echoed in my consciousness.  "Those who sincerely desire to grow in Spirit, will be found at the right time, called and guided... No single soul will be left unnoticed..."

I was struggling somewhat to make a living in a hostile world of Western business.  One Saturday afernoon, I passed a sign at the
entrance of a garage that said: Garage Sale.  I entered there and
after examining a lot of unwanted things, I opened some cartons
of books.  Three books drew my attention.  Inititations, by Paul
Sedir, (translated by Mouni Sadhu), Concentration and In Days of
Great Peace, both by Mouni Sadhu himself.

And it happened!  I read word by word, with the help of a dictionary the text of Initiations.  This made a great impact in my mind.  So the great Masters did exist!  Then I completed Concentration.

Then I discovered Mouni Sadhu's cemetry in Springvale cemetry which bore the legend:  "Mouni Sadhu, greatly missed by all his
friends"  Then I was directed to one Ms. Vera Rundus, a Czhech, well trained in Yoga.  I met her and we could freely talk to each other for hours.  Mouni Sadhu was a Russian who worked in Brazil and who came to Bhagavan Ramana through Paul Brunton's book.  The lady also told me that a group of Ramana Maharshi's devotees was located in Melbourne under the name Aruanchala Group.  I contacted them and then scrupulously mediated at Mouni Sadhu's grace week after week.

a few years later, I had a motor-crash on a man who had fortunately escaped death.  He was a Greek and I asked him, after the crash, "Who are you?"  The Greek looking at me with warmth and in soft eyes, said:  "It does not matter who I am.  You better try to find out who You are!"  Oh, it is Ramana Maharshi's atma vichara.             

Soon I renounced my worldly life and settled down in a Math in Kerala.
I had a long break of 21 days from my hospital work, which I had then been looking after in Cochin and came to Sri Ramanasramam.
Finally my unforgettable teacher had led me to the Master!  How luck I am!

As I was looking for a book in Asramam library, and picked up
Mouni Sadhu's Initiations, the gentleman in the library asked me:
Do you know Mouni Sadhu the mysterious disciple of Maharshi?

So, the huge circle in time is closing now!

(Source: Mountain Path, Aradhana, 2005.  The author has written
about some lesser known facts about Mouni Sadhu.  Those will be in
a seperate post.)

Arunachala Siva.

Matthew

Re: Miracles Do Happen
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:57:35 AM »
Thank you for this interesting story.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Miracles Do Happen
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 10:38:18 AM »
Andrew Bubaka and M. Sodousky (Mouni Sadu, -- both are mysterious but interesting devotees of Bhagavan Ramana.  I shall add Yogi
Ramaiah in this group.

Arunachala Siva.