Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1129 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »
Niall Anglin writes:

In 1975, at the age of 27, I experienced a spiritual rebirth during a long hitchhike through the U.S and Canada.  The first phase was seeing a brighter side of life and people as basically good and benevolent.  My renewed interest in spritiuality came through Eastern influences.  I started reading many books from various sources of Hinduism, including Sankhya philosophy.  I then read An Autobiography of a Yogi.  I read Be Here Now, by Ram Dass, an American disciple of Neemkaroli Baba.

My trip to India in 1977 entailed flying from Toronto to London, hitchhiking to the English coast and from there ferrying to Holland etc., etc., In Stuttguart, Germany, I had an event that changed my life.  A bearded man named Dietmar asked me where I was going.
When I replied "India", he said, "I have a house in India, you may stay there, take the keys!"  He gave the keys and wrote a name "Sri
Ramanasramam" and added 'Om".

Thus my travel ended in Tiruvannamalai.  I spent a few months there.  "Talks" when I first read, was uninspiring.  One day in Arunachala, I had a vivid dream.  Bhagavan was seated in a room with many people and I was there with my Guru, who suggested to Bhagavan that I gave a discourse to those who were present.  Bhagavan gave me permission and I started reeling off all that I had learnt from various books.  Bhagavan finally approached me and blessing me by putting his hand on the right side of my chest, He said: "This is Spiritualism and not truck driving or hitchhiking!"

I awoke from the dream thrilled at having received Bhagavan Ramana's direct blessing.

So many books are produced of Bhagavan's teachings today that it is easy to miss the fact that He was mostly silent!  He was not sitting all day, everyday expounding teachings all the time.  This was not His way!  Many books can be written and as said at the end of Gospel of St. John, "It  would  cover the entire world with books!" but Bhagavan Ramana stood for what Sri Dakshinamoorthy stated through Silence.

As a Christian and a devotee of Lord Jesus, I felt him guiding me to India as a comapanion and friend.  I believe he called me for a higher learning, a final path.  It was revealed to me that no greater soul than Bhagavan Ramana has ever occupied a physical body.

(The author lives in Toronto, Canada.  He made several visits to Tiruvannamalai from 1977 and 1997 and spent about 4 years time totally on such visits,  near the Asramam.) 

(Source: Mountain Path, Jayanti, 2005)

Arunachala Siva.