Author Topic: Mountain Path  (Read 1336 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Mountain Path
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:37:57 AM »
It was a very hot and unforgettable day in June 1964, when we walked for the first time under that now so familiar Sri Ramanasramam
arch into the hard trodden courtyard.

Arunachala loomed large above, the Asramam buildings were framed by palms and tranquillity reigned -- not only due to the heat.

From an office on our right, a tall, erect and obviously English gentleman approached with a smile as if to ask: "Can I help you?"
"We would like to know about Ramana Maharshi," I said.

Under one arm he had a bundle of magazines.  He pulled one and handed it to me with -- "When you read this, you will get to know
him a little," and kept on his way.  It was the first edition of The Mountain Path and we had met its editor Aruthur Osborne, a staunch devotee of Bhagavan Ramana and a lucid exponent of His teachings.

Forty years later, the same arch, the courtyard, the palms, the peacocks, Arunachala lofty and protective, unmoving, raditating
perfect security.  Sadly no Arthur Osborne, but his creation, The Mountain Path, endures and flourishes.

When I open The Mountain Path, I see Bhagavan.  I hear Him. And
I am with Him.  There is no doubt of the strength I gain -- and the happiness I feel gratefully.....

(Source: Mountain Path, Jan-March 2006. A letter from Gerd Ledermann.)

Arunachala Siva.