Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1273 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
Kamala Devi lives on the East Coast of Australia and visits Tiruvannamalai frequently.  She writes:

As a young person, I was very attracted to intellecutal pursuits. I liked to read and have philosophical conversations, exchanging ideas with my friends.  Though physically somewhat lazy, intellectual pursuits gave me pleasure.  I first heard of Bhagavan Ramana from
the book A Search in Secret India.  How many people have been drawn to Bhagavan by this book!  As I read Brunton entering the Hall, I felt my whole body respond, my heart leaping and hairs standing on  end.... 

From then on, there was a single focus on my life and my nature seemed to change.  Everything I did could now be done as an offering to Bhagavan my Beloved One.  My book The Hill of Fire Sanctuary offered endless opportunities for creative service.

Thereafter two books gave me joy and inspiration. Talks and the
Collected Works. Arunachala Pancharatna became especially dear to me.  When I lay down at night to sleep, I would silently repeat the five verses in English until I drifted into sleep.

Having heard the Truth from Bhagavan, I realized that I need learn nothing more, but only practise, remaining open to the Grace of Remembrance. So this former intellectual became a bhakta, delighting in Service and Singing to the Lord.  Along with Bhagavan's Reply to
Mother, which I took as Upadesa, it was impossible to ask Bhagavan for anything further, although sometimes in extremis I have begged Him to "Help me!".  And He does, He responds immediately!

To love is to know me,
The innermost Being, the Truth that I am!

(Source: Mountain Path, Aradhana, April-June 2006)

Arunachala Siva.