Author Topic: Pitiable Conditions of Gopi's in God's absence  (Read 1672 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Pitiable Conditions of Gopi's in God's absence
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:57:41 PM »
After the disappearance of God, Gopis were perplexed. Their hearts burned with desire. They had
dedicated their entire selves in the feet of Lord. They were entirely merged in the love of Krishna. Thus
driven by passion, Gopis began to search Lord Krishna. They asked trees, creepers and vegetation for
the whereabouts of their beloved. They then spotted His footprints at one place. Footprints of Radha
were also there. 'Indeed He would have carried her, that great fortunate one, on His shoulders.' They
thought. Lord had indeed, after disappearing from amidst Gopis, taken Radha to an isolated place. She
had then began to think herself superior to other Gopis. So at one place, she said: "O Lord, I can't walk
now. My tender feet are tired. Kindly carry me on your shoulders to wherever you wish." At her request,
Lord Krishna agreed to carry her on his shoulder. But as soon as she proceeded to ride, Lord
disappeared from there also. Now, Radha began to cry and wail and fainted. At the same time, other
Gopis also reached there and found Radha lying unconscious on the ground. All of them including
Radha then returned to the bank of Yamuna and began to wait for Krishna's appearance.

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Pitiable Conditions of Gopi's in God's absence
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:23:46 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

One Sri Vaishnava gentleman said:  Radha was seven years old
and Krishna was four years old, in the beginning of Srimad
Bhagavtam.  I think these stories have inner layers of meanings.

Arunachala Siva.