Author Topic: The importance of Guru  (Read 1892 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
The importance of Guru
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:52:32 PM »
Bhagavan Ramana Himself has said on many occasions:  The Guru
is the most important of all.  He is even more important than God.
Even avataras of gods cannot match Guru.

In Periya Puranam, we see many devotees who were only considering one of the Great Four as their Guru and they worshipped him.  Appoothi Adigal held Tiru Navukkarasu as his Guru.  Tiru Neela Nakkar and a few others were treating Jnana Sambandha as their Guru. Cheraman Perumal was treating Sundaramoorthy as his Guru, even
though the latter was his best friend.  They all got liberation only by worshipping their Gurus.

Arunachala Siva.

matthias

• View Profile
Re: The importance of Guru
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 01:22:29 PM »
I got the clarification from bhagawan, I looked at his picture once and I was totaly swallowed from light...I felt that he had accepted me as his devotee this moment...

the next week I had several insights following this "happening"

I knew that he would not leave me....
I knew that he would watch over me on my spiritual path...
I knew that I will meet alot of other teachers,a ll handpicked by him, and he will always speak through them in a way.....(I clearly felt this and also in a ways saw it happening; not a vision more a understanding)
I felt that I just incarnated to be within his presence..almost like a soft command...

in addition:
also the date of my birth has the exact same numbers as the date of bhagawans enlightment....

he is a true guru, not the only true sat-guru (as this is a seed to start a very centralized religion), but a true guru...somebody who gives your heart water...who makes you a human...

postrations to bagawan