Author Topic: Sri Ramana Darsanam, March 2009 - 4  (Read 1724 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Ramana Darsanam, March 2009 - 4
« on: March 20, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »
As soon as I entered the bookshop, Venkatesh greeted me and said:
" Sir, Living by Words of Bhagavan, David Godman, a reprint has come last evening!"  I could not but think of Tiruvachakam:  " O!
You have desired and taken care of me, this lowly guy, lowlier than dog!  This birth is under Your control. Who am I to investigate?
What is my right?  Either you give me a birth again or place me under Your feet, O Lord with eye on the forehead!.."  I took the book with great thanks to Venkatesh, my friend in the bookshop.

We went to the shamiana where Rudram was being chanted, gave our humble contribution to the Trust, had our lunch.  We came back and thanked the Asramam authorities and submitted our humble contribution and then planned to return the guesthouse.  I met one another couple, who were seen all the three days.  We  were talking, there was a mention about Uttarakosamangai.  I told him, I have read about Uttarakosa Mangai in Tiruvachakam.  There is a 50 verse composition exlusively written in Tiruvachakam, titled Neethal Vinnappam, Request for Leaving  the Desires in life.  This is in
Uttarakosa Mangai.  But I do not know where this place is. He told
me: "O you do not know.  It is in Madurai-Rameswaram Road,
about 10 kms near Ramanathapuram.  You have to take a bye-road
for about 2 kms and there is Uttara Kosa Mangai, and there is a
small Siva temple, very old and not yet renovated.  I thanked the gentleman for the information.  I went to Dr. Srinivasamoorthy, an inmate sannyasi of Asramam and asked for details for contribution towards Narayana Seva and giving ochre dhotis to the sadhus and white dhotis to Vedaptatasala boys.  He was kind enough to give me
these details.  I was thinking of these, during my next trip to Arunachala, Bhagavan Ramana willing.

While we were packing, we saw a male peacock stepping near our room.  We made the biscuits into small bits and gave it on a paper.  The peacock took it with relish.  We have never seen a peacock at close quarters and eating what we had offered.  Its feathers and ploom were a feast to watch.  I remembered
Muruganar's poem:  "It is the same Atma which takes shape in million colours, sizes and lives in the universe...dazzling planets, stars and moons.  Like the egg, which contain only yellow and white yoke, but gives birth to a peacock of million hues...."

It was 2 pm, we had to return with heavy heart.  I went to the library to see the gentleman for all the meaningful insights, he gave on Chandogya and Vedanta Choodamani.  But he was not there on the third afternoon.  We told his friend to convey our profound thanks and left the library.

The car slowly moved and went past Asramam and the Hill. The Hill is seen upto 9 kms in Tiruvannamalai-Bangalore road.  We thanked the Hill, the Hill of Fire, the Hill that calls a thousand devotees who are interested in Jnana, as Guhai Namasivaya had sung.

O Arunachala Ramana, the Rare Substance!
The flood of Tiruchuzhi in Pandya Kingdom!
O the Great Rare Effulgence!
I do not know what to do, please grace me!

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Sri Ramana Darsanam, March 2009 - 4
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

Indeed you have had a very beautiful journey. I read your posts on Ramana Darsanam and also experienced the same with my imagination as well. By postig your experiences you have actually enabled everyone in the forum to visit Arunachala mentally through your words.

The Peacock, The Veda Parayana, the temple and the ever vibrating Hall of Sri Ramana... stay in my heart for ever.

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta