Author Topic: Master and Devotee play  (Read 3203 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Master and Devotee play
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:53:26 AM »
One night, a few days ago, after supper, when Bhagavan
was resting on his cot in the verandah, east of his hall,
something funny took place. He was facing south. Chadwick
was sitting behind Bhagavan’s back. Soon after Bhagavan took
his seat and leaned on the cushions, Chadwick from behind
stealthily and unnoticed fanned Bhagavan.

When Bhagavan turned and looked, Chadwick withdrew the fan
and remained  still. When Bhagavan turned his face south,
Chadwick resumed fanning again. Bhagavan turned round and
Chadwick stopped. Bhagavan was left wondering how he got the breeze.

Chadwick then laughed out and Bhagavan joined in the
laughter. This shows how even with such an eminent Master
a devotee can play and both can enjoy the joke like children.

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

matthias

• View Profile
Re: Master and Devotee play
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
this shows me again the greatness of bhagawan, there are so many modern "enlightened" teachers who want to be V.I.Ps

very important & preciuose like a diamond, unique etc...

a geniune spiritual person greates a space of laughter and fun, full of grace and joy.....I do not dare to think about the presence of bhagawan and how much happiness must be arround him...

most seekers here in the west are all about practice practice practice.....they are like icecubes, cold and strict-->totally unnatural and without ease...I think if the sadhana takes you in such a direction you should quit and reconsider your path...

discipline is important but discipline alone will lead nowhere...just into a very strict and straight charackter thats all...

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 04:56:27 PM »
Dear Matthias,

Also a reason why there is so much happiness, fun and laughter in presence of a truly great jnani is because one is not being judged at all, for the jnani everybody is one and the same. Hence in a Jnani's presence, we are all totally free, we are absolutely as we are naturally. Hence we are happy, elated, in a blissful state.

Whereas in any other place, if there is even a pinch of a feeling of being judged, we cannot experience such happiness.

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:52:55 PM »
thats very true

Matthew

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:09:40 AM »
I could use some Jnanis at my place of work.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
Dear Nagaraj, Matthew,

Major Chadwick (Sadhu Arunachala) is famous for his fun making
amongst devotees.  Once a devotee was dozing off in the Hall.
Chadwick found that Chinnaswami had just then entered the Hall
for some clarifications with Bhagavan Ramana.  Chinnaswami, (the
Manager of the Asramam) is a great disciplinarian and is always
with a serious face.  Chadwick then touched the dozing devotee and said: "Ush..Do not sleep.  The tiger is watching!"  The devotee woke up from slumber and by that time, Chinnaswami had gone.  Chadwick showed the tiger's face, on the tiger skin on which Bhagavan was sitting!  The devotee laughed.  Everyone in the Hall on knowing the details, laughed heartily!  Bhagavan also on hearing the anectode,
laughed heartily!!

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 04:30:28 PM »
I have listened to interviews of old devotees say that their devotion is no where compared to Chadwick and others. Its actually close to 60 years since Ramana left us in his physical garb. I cant believe myself. I feel Ramana is still there. if I think back... its 60 years!! But everyday I feel I am having darshan of Bhagawan by reading his talks stories teachings, etc,...

I feel its a miracle. I dont feel his absence. well I see him everyday several times in a big photo in my bedroom. What is the difference between this photo and Ramana 60 years ago? Both are the same. 60 years ago too, devotees would have seen the same Ramana as in photo today. Ever silent and a wondrous glance with abundance blessings. Here is here and now.

A funny feeling, I feel Ganapaty muni, Muruganar, chadwick, and other close devotees who have been near Bhagawan are still here and now. I dont feel they have left us at all...

When ever I remember all of them I feel I am a silent spectator in a corner of Ashram. All though I was only born several years after 1950.I am there...

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta