Author Topic: Sri Ramana Darsanam - March 2009  (Read 1254 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sri Ramana Darsanam - March 2009
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »
On a suddenly planned trip, I went to Tiruvannamalai on last Tuesday morning (17.3.2009) and reached Tiruvannamalai, by 9.45 am.  I went to the Asramam immediately after coffee in a hotel.  I had Sri Ramana Darsanam.  The trip was excellent as usual, with some bonus.  There was a Rudra Homam, for 8 days inside the Asramam arranged by some Vedic trust of Coiimbatore. 

The first day was eventful.  I could see the Ramaneswara Mahalingam
Abhishekam and arti in the morning. I also listened to Rudram for sometime.  The Hill that confers liberation was there majestically supervising everything!  After lunch at the Asramam, we came back to the room.  This time, the room was just below the Ramana Libraray in Mori Compound.  I met one great gentleman in the library.  He is a man of few words, who knows classical Tamil and Sanskrit very well.  He told me on the first afternoon, about Chapters 2,3,6 and 8 of Chandogya Upanishad, where the Ramana Way of Heart has been very subtly explained.  He read out the verses and meaning of these chapters of Chandogya.  He also said that Bhagavan Ramana is the first to break this subtlety and make it open for everyone, even though He did not quote Chandogya directly.  We took leave of him and went back to the room.  We again went to the Asramam by 3.45 pm.  We could listen to Rudram again and then sat for Parayana in the Hall, when the group started the same around 6.30 pm.  In between there were Tamil and English readings of Arunachala's Ramana, 8 volume book.   

As usual, the evening parayana and arti were completed.  There were scores of Western devotees as usual.  However, the total turnout was just average, because of Tiruvannamalai heat.  Summer is slowly setting in with vehemence.  Exams are taking place for children in many houses of devotees.

On the first evening, I went to the book stall.  I could buy the Souvenir of 125th Jayanti which was published in 2005.  Most of
other books are with me.  I also bought some Tamil booklets and a
CD on Arunachala Stuti Panchakam, which is chanted on every Monday evening. 

I could not meet either David Godman or Graham Boyd.

Arunachala Siva.