Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1347 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
Louis Hartz met Arthur Osbrone in Colombo and they spent a day
with K. Ramachandra a ceylon devotee of Bhagavan Ramana. The two then flew to Madras and from there, along with T.N. Krishnaswami,
they drove to Tiruvannamalai.

Bhagavan Ramana was very gracious to Hartz.  In fact, a photograph of him with Bhagavan taken during that visit is evidence of enough love and encouragement with which Bhagavan regarded him. He received the initiation by look, although told by the devotees that this was Bhagavan Ramana's mode of initiation, Hertz wanted to make quite sure and therefore said: ' I want Bhagavan's initiation.'  Bhagavan replied: "You have it already."  This is the only occasion,
Osborne says, that Bhagavan explicitly confirmed having given inititation.

In another way also, Hartz desired assurance. He perhaps feared that when he got back into life of the world with all its distractions, his steadfastness might weaken.  He asked Bhagavan for some guarantee and was given the tremendous assurance:  "Even if you let go of Bhagavan, Bhagavan will never let go of you!"

Two other devotees, a Czech diplomat and a Muslim professor, struck by the unusual force and directness of the assurance, asked whether it applied only to Hartz or to all the other devotees and were told:
"To All."

On another occasion, a devotee grew despondent at seeing no progress in himself and said to Bhagavan: "I am afraid if I continue like this, I shall go to hell."  And Bhagavan replied: "If you do, Bhagavan will go after you and bring you back!"

O the Rare Substance, Father of Tiruchuzhi,
O the Bliss-Floods of Pandya Kingdom,
O the Rare Primordial Effulgence!
I, this lowly dog,  do not know what to do?

(Source:  The life and the quest, Arthur Osborne.)

Arunachala Siva.