Author Topic: Who called Venkatraman to Arunachala?  (Read 1098 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Who called Venkatraman to Arunachala?
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
Venkatraman, left Madurai, He left a note to His brother and aunt.
In that note, He had written: " I am leaving this place, as per his orders...." 

This parting note has been thoroughly analyzed by Sri B.V. Narasimha Swami and other subsequent writers.  Now the question is "as per
his orders... Whose orders?  Who called Him to Arunachala?"

Venkatraman went straight to Arunachaleswara Linga, on that
historic Tuesday morning around 11 am.  He went inside the sanctum
sanctorum, and embraced the Siva Linga with His heart content.  Now
did Arunachaleswara Linga, say: "Come, come..."  Definitely No.
Venkatraman soon came out of the temple. Bhagavan Ramana went next to the temple only after three years!

Okay, He went to the Hills.  Did the Hills say, "Come..Come.."  Definitely yes.  Arunachala was His Father and Mother.  This is
evident from Arunachala Navamani Malai, Verse 9.  " Arunachala!
You, as my Mother and Father brought me to this earth and before
I could fall into the deep sea of Mahamaya, you forced my mind and dragged it to your feet..."

Is Arunachala Hill,  only His father and mother?  No, the Hills is much more than that.  The Hills is His lover.  Look at the Aksharamana Malai. It is full of Nayaki-Nayaka bhava.  "O come and save me from this five thieves of my senses... Unite with me, before this girl of a fruit becomes overripe and rotten.... Your Grace is more than my natural mother's who gave birth to me.... You disrobe me and make me naked and give me the union of Grace with you...."

So, it is only Arunachala Hills which called Him, which told Him, 'Come,..come' and it is only the Hills which took Him back as a rising
star and perching on It.

Arunachala Siva.