Author Topic: SEVA  (Read 5231 times)

knowone

• View Profile
SEVA
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:28:25 AM »
"i" am 51 years old and have had two western "teachers". These teachers honored all the "Wisdom" teachings as do i. i have photos of the most recent Indian gurus,saints on my home altar. Though the photo of Ramana stuns this consciousness into that silent stillness as do his sayings put forth by David Godman, etc. & in "Thus Spake Ramana Maharshi". i consider "my" body a tube of flesh seemingly used by consciousness for reasons personally unknown, although Ramana, Nisargadatta,& Meher Baba give thorough explanations as to this seeming "play" of consciousness. i also see no difference between jnana or bhakti since both respected Yogas have helped this personal self in it's emptying and erasure. This said, i feel a present urge to stay at or near Aranachala for an extended period of time if not even possibly the rest of this dream life as did Ramana. i am not trying to escape an unpleasant life as i have always seemed to live a grace filled existence, mostly because of seeing solutions rather than problems and of course surrender in the personal sense has been key to a less ego filled life and therefore less suffering. i live in a small simple rental on a beautiful 5 acre fruit farm away from any city on the island of Maui in Hawaii and earn an average income. i would have to save some capital in order to stay an extended period, although i would be able to get there if there were possibilities of staying for seva. i am in exellent physical health and have always been called on first for seva since cooking and cleaning and any seva has always come natural to this "i".Please i would sweetly welcome any input or advice.     Thank You, Namaste,   knowone

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: SEVA
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »
You can definitely stay in Tiruvannamalai, for a lifetime, if Ramana
Wills.  As an initial one time expenditure, you may have to buy a
small apartment, in Tiruvannamalai (You cannot stay for ever inside
the Ashram), for Rs 0.50 million (approx. US$ 12000.00).
2. You may have to get acclimitized to the tropic weather -
ranging between 35 to 45 degrees celsius.
3. You may have to get used to tropical South Indian rice food, hot
but tasty and water which is not sensitized. 
3. Clothing is your choice, but Indian cotton clothes are the best
suited, no suits, overcoats, woolen sweaters and shoes.

All these will happen to you, if there is Ramana's Will.  In fact,
I saw recently many many "foreigners" who are thoroughly
enjoying the stay in that divine place.  The touring westerners and
staying westerners are increasing in numbers every day.

Arunachala Siva.

knowone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »

To Arunachala Siva,
                Thank you for your timely response! As i live on a tropical island i am a little acclimated to humid weather though not quite as humid as my many friends who have traveled to and lived in India have mentioned. As to hot or even Indian food i have enjoyed both for almost four decades.Concerning purchasing an apartment or some type of residence there do you personally know of any or know someone who does. i did contact Indiaproperty.com and got on there list, i believe i found them on a site about Arunachala. Also i was recently told of the Indian government confiscating property of foreign nationals? Do you know anything about that? i have in-joyed reading your other posts. When i do come to Arunachala, Ramana willing, it would be so nice to meet such knowledgeable persons as yourself. Thank You again, knowone

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:02:03 PM »
Dear knowone, as far as I know there is no Indian law, confiscating
property bought by foreigners, but there is a need to get prior
approval for any non-resident Indian to buy property in India.  This
is not difficult for any genuine NRI buyer.  But, since Tiruvannamalai
is attracting western seekers in large numbers, the property in
Tiruvannamalai is sought after very much.  This has given rise to a
good number of unreliable agents who dupe the foreign nationals.
Hence, one has to be very careful.  Please seek the advices of
Ramansramam, who can guide you, not through this Forum, but
through their separate e mail address: ashram@ramana-maharshi.org.
With best wishes, Arunachala Siva.   

SDBC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:10:40 AM »
Hi!

First off: I'm sorry that I'm replying to such an old topic, and by the following NO OFFENCE IS INTENDED AT ALL, I'm just trying to clarify, for myself, Ramana's teachings. Ramana Maharshi is the being i respect the most.

Why wouldn't it be Ramana's will? And isn't it in 'conflict' (in lack of a better word) with Ramana simple, beautiful and direct teachings, to concentrate on matters not concerned with attaining liberation, such as believing that he have a will after his physical death, and that, if he had, that it would change future events? Or believing the opposite, that it isn't possible, as well?

Again, this is not a criticism. I have only read "Who am I?", but I'm planing to print his collected works from sriramanamaharshi.org and to read it.

May all have 'luck' in their path towards liberation!