Author Topic: Vasanas and pursuit in Self abidance - 20  (Read 1511 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Vasanas and pursuit in Self abidance - 20
« on: March 05, 2009, 03:49:18 PM »
Guru Vachaka Kovai 1134:

Conversely, a person may be sleeping in his bed, without bodily movement, but he will be deluded in his dream by seeing himself ascending a hill and falling headfirst into a crevasse.  Likewise, if the Vasanas in a person's mind have not been destroyed, even though his senses of action and perception are motionless, he has actually performed all the activities since he is (still) under the spell of Vasnanas.

I conclude with Bhagavan Ramna's  verse No. 22, interpolated into Guru Vachaka Kovai, in many places, for the sake of better clarity on certain points. 

Bhagavan Ramana's Verse No. 22:

Like one who listens to a story with his mind far away, the mind whose Vasanas  have been erased does not act, though it may appear to do so.  The mind soaked in Vasanas, however, has acted even if it does nothing, like one who motionless in sleep, dreams that he climbs a mountain and falls down a crevasse.

I think with these posts, the question in the minds of members,
as "Why I do not realize the Self," should be answered.  These
are Bhagavan Ramana's words, as given out through Muruganar
in Guru Vachaka Kovai. 

Let us "Padamalai" verses of Muruganar on the same subject,
separately.

I bow to the One who came down for our sake,
As the next avatara of Skanda and Tiru Jnana Sambandha,
To melt the mind and ego and all the dirty Vasanas,
That cause us all tumoils in our lives!

(Source: With profund gratitude to David Godman and others and to Muruganar, by whom they were inspired.)

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Vasanas and pursuit in Self abidance - 20
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:03:37 AM »
Dear Subramanian,

I read all your posts and immensely benefited out of it, words of Bhagawan coupled with Muruganars poetic abilities are nectar really.

What ever you have posted here are your own answers to your own questions in the topic "Why I do not realize the Self"

When you say the "questions in the minds of members" It is actually 'you' alone.

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta