Author Topic: Vasanas and pursuit in Self abidance - 14  (Read 1326 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Vasanas and pursuit in Self abidance - 14
« on: March 05, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
Muruganar further says that total surrender and the meaning of offering the soul to God, is the state of no rising of thoughts and
the previously accumulated Vasanas.

Verse 481 to 483 of Guru Vachaka Kovai:

481:  He who rejoices in the operation of the divine will with the attitude, "There is nothing that has to happen in the way that I desire, may your divine will prevail", will have no reason to have fear in his mind, no matter what happens.

Muruganar's notes:  Surrender is explained here. Since that very moment of surrender, peace overwhelms one, surrender is its own unique reward.

482:  The meaning of offering the soul to God is not giving scope for the rising of other thoughts, which are prompted by previously accumulated Vasanas, in a heart that has meditated with love on Atma Swarupa, the real nature of God.

Bhagavan Ramana in Who am I? : Remaining firmly in Self abidance, (Atma nishta) without giving even the least room to the rising of any thought other than the thought of Self (Atma Chinatanai) is surrendering oneself to God.

483:  Completely abandon your own will through the attitude of mind, "Your wish is my wish". Cherish this alone as the self-surrender to which the outcaste ego, the original veiling, whose existence depends primarily on your own will, is no more.

Bhagavan Ramana often used to say:  Nin ishtam, en ishtam.  You wish is my wish.

(Source: Guru Vachaka Kovai, Muruganar. Tr. David Godman and others.)

Arunachala Siva.