Author Topic: After Ramana who now?  (Read 2926 times)

karthikeyan M

After Ramana who now?
« on: March 06, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »
I have visited Ramana Ashram many times, but the word Ashram echoes again and again in my ears saying is there a successor for Ramana who I could seek his blessings and  teachings.

Thanks

Paul Croucher

• View Profile
Re: After Ramana who now?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 03:24:50 AM »
Dear Karthikeyan M

I'm sure there are no formal "successors," as such.

But do board members place any emphasis on whether there may or may not be living jnanis who have an "affiliation" with Sri Ramana Maharshi?

Or do most tend to focus solely on Sri Bhagavan?

With kind regards

Paul

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 04:01:34 AM »
Hi Karthikeyan M and Paul, my view on the subject is that I will continue to try and put into practise Sri Ramana Maharshi's teachings that mean something to me. Others will take away other teachings that mean something to them.

Since Jnanis are 'very few and far between'  :) or should it be  :-[ . (The  :) was for the understatement.) the next one that becomes known may be half way around the world and they might be more than decades apart or it could be the opposite. No one knows.

In the meantime my view is its worth doing a little research to find a Jnani.

Yours Sincerely.
Paul.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:11:16 AM »
Dear karthikeyan, Paul Coucher and paul,

There is no 'after Ramana'.  Bhagavan Ramana is always there as
the One without a second.  He is not living in a body, after 14th
April 1950.  And that is all.  I am with the one, who does not search
for a living Jnani and so on.  The search is spurious and is not necessary, if one could repose faith in a particular Jnani, living
or not living now. 

The Asrmam is run by a group of family members and is run as
a Trust.  Let us know worry whether they are Jnanis or not.  They are doing a great service to people in India and abroad. 

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:17:09 AM »
The time - the moment when you got in touch Bhagawan (or your Guru) He immediately, that very moment has occupied your Self (Pravesham).

Bhagawan always used to tell devotees that God, Guru and the Self are not different, they are all the same. He says, first a person prays to God to fulfill his desires, then a times comes when he does not pray for the fulfillment of his desires, but for God himself, then God appears to him in some form of the other, human or non human, to guide him as a Guru in answer to his prayers.

Bhakthi to your Guru is just not praying alone, but for each moment, thinking how my Guru would have acted for this particular situation, thinking thus, one should introspect. As the Self is now occupied by Bhagawan, that guidance will definetely be there.

Just for example, suppose, you are worried, some incident has happened, you are perplexed. What to do? Think about Bhagawan, how he would have dealt with this situation? your Self (Bhagawan) will reply to you. WHat would bhagawan would have done? He would remain relaxed, these incidents would not have affected Bhagawan. He would have just let it be. What ever happens in the end is for my own good only. Why to worry?

So Bhagawan(or your Guru) is there in us, as our own Self, he will guide us!

Listen to your inner voice, it will never misguide you, it will never tell lies, it always knows the truth, it always knows the right path, it knows everything as Bhagawan is your Self.

Suppose somebody is angry at you? Insulting you? introspect, what would Bhagawan have done for such a situation? He would least care, he would be quiet and would handle patiently and whatever insults is being thrown at you will not bother you. why should it?

This is true Guru Bhakthi

Nagaraj
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 10:59:27 AM »
Yes.  Bhakti is of two types.  Bhakti for certain results to happen.
Then, bhakti for God's sake and nothing else.  Bhagavan Ramana said even surrenders could be partial or total.  We all do partial surrenders to get things happen.  This, after some time, becomes
total surrender, leaving everything at God's feet.  Let anything
happen, it will be as per god's will.  This is total surrender.  Poorna bhakti and Poorna Saranagati take us to godhead.

Saint Manikkavachagar says in Tiruvembavai:

We shall only prostrate to your devotees' Feet.
We shall do service only to Your devotees!
Only such devotees have to be our husbands!
We shall do service to them as per their wishes.
If You could give this, we shall not see night and day!
What if, if sun rises in any direction in the morning?

Arunachala Siva.