Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1519 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »
Madhavi Amma writes:

I knew fully well that Bhagavan Ramana gave no formal  'upadesa'
but I kept on hoping on asking for it, whenever an opportunity
presented itself. Invariably, Bhagavan used to ask: "Who is the Guru, who is the sishya? They are not two."

On March 12, 1934, after prayers at the shrine of Mathrubhuteswara
Temple, I went to the Old Hall.  Only the attendant Madhavaswamy
was with Bhagavan.  When I made my usual request, Bhagavan
Ramana set aside the paper newspaper and was sat in padmasana, quite absorbed.  I then recited a general hymn and also Aksharamanamalai.  Bhagavan then turned to the attendant and said: "She has prayed to Arunachala."  This struck me meaning that Arunachala would give me initiation. Bhagavan continued to sit motionless. Again, I begged Him: "Am I not competent to receive upadesa?  Bhagavan Himself should tell me about this...."

Suddenly, she found a bright light emnating from Bhagavan's holy face and then the effulgence filled the whole hall!  She could not see Bhagavan's body but only brilliance. She shed tears in profusion. She prostrated to Bhagavan.

"Then there was a smile in His face, but no movement otherwise!"  After a while, Bhagavan turned to her and said: "Are you rid of your mania?"  He then took a piece of paper and wrote the following sloka and gave it to me.

" I adore Guha, the indweller in the Cave of the Heart, the Son of the Protector of the Universe, the Pure Light of Awareness beyond thought, the Wielder of the weapon of Jnana Sakti and the Remover of the ignorance of blemishelss devotees!"

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana. Boundless Ocean of Grace. Volume No. 4.  Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.