Author Topic: Why Bhagavan Ramana is different from other gurus/Jnanis?  (Read 1429 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Why Bhagavan Ramana is different from other gurus/Jnanis?
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:31:54 AM »
Bhagavan Ramana came to Tiruvannamalai on 1st Sept 1896, and from that time, He never went out of Tiruvannamalai.  He spent first three years in and around Arunachaleswara Temple, then at Vazhai Thottam, then at Guru Murtam, came to Virupaksha Cave, stayed here for 17 years, then to Skandasramam, stayed there for 6 years,
and finally to the foothills.  In His days, He might have gone to the Temple, three or four times.  Once, at the insistence of Kovilur Math, He travelled in a bullock cart, to go the Math, to give a short discourse and eat and come back.  He went to the houses in Big street, for bhiksha.  He never had summer resort!

But what about other gurus?  Sri Shirdi Baba, of course, never went out of Masjid or Shirdi.  SRK rarely went out of Dakshineswar, and he went to Kolkota city only to see some devotees like Mathur Babu, Girsh Ghosh and then to some theatres for dramas.  Vivekananda went to UK and US twice, since he was destined for a different mission.  But how about others?  JK used luxurious cars, flights and air conditoned villas.  Osho, O! don't ask me.  He had 300 limousines parked outside his Oregon villa.  There are gurus who stay in some place, and when Andhra gets hot, they move to cool summer resorts outside Bangalore. I saw one Sri N. in Tiruvannamalai recently.  He had a luxury bus, as big as a petroleum container!  It must have air condtioned bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen.  One Mr. J. lives in a palatial jungle resort.  People in groups sit around him, lighting fire and water bodies/water fountains, spreading water drops around them for cooling effect/breeze.

O Bhagavan Ramana, how different were You!
How different are You!

I bow to Bhagavan Ramana,
The best among the bipeds,
I bow to His curved feet!

Arunachala Siva.