Author Topic: Why Bhagavan Ramana is different from other gurus/Jnanis?  (Read 1419 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Why Bhagavan Ramana is different from other gurus/Jnanis?
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »
Bhagavan Ramana spent most of His life time in this world, in silence.  The silence is not deliberate but He just felt that there was
no need for speeches, unless these are called for.  His vocal chords became deficient years in the Hills, because, He was not speaking.
He started speaking only after Virupaksha Cave days.  Pazhaniswami made Him to talk, by way of explaining some Tamil scriptures brought from the local library.  Even in Skandasramam, and also in the days at the Asramam, He measured His speech.  His speeches for His 54 years of Tiruvannamalai life, it they had been recorded, would run for less than 54 hours!

Whenever devotees came, many of them were speaking.  Kavyakanta Ganapati Sastri used to speak to Him at length. Others too would speak to Him very freely and for long time.  Muruganar's speeches would be sheer poems.  He listened to them all, and intervened very little.

These are the days, where Gurus speak as if they are suffering from lingual diarrohea!  They give discourses, advices, ad nauseum!
Devotees use to stand before them, with their mouths closed with their towels to receive the pearls of wisdom!  In Bhagavan's Presence, no such formalities.  But only thing, He did not approve was simple scholastic knowledge, quoting scriptures left and right, or telling Him:  "I am self realized!  I am Brahman. I have no thoughts. I have no mind. I have no vasanas too! I am totally egoless. I am Supreme! Everyone is talking nonsense. I am the
only guy talking sense!   What to do next?"

Bhagavan Ramana  used to laugh and would say: "If you are self realized, you would not be here talking to me, as to what to do next?"

Bhagavan Ramana's Silence is remarkable.  With His Silence, the genuine doubts would be automatically solved.  Or one man's
lingering doubts, would be answered, through another man's questions and Bhagavan Ramana's answers.  Brunton came with a large paper of questions, Osborne came, Suzanne came, Major Chadwick came, Cohen came, -- with sheafs of papers.  These papers were never opened, questions never asked, and all answers were got!   

Non attachment is where the mind does not go after anything.
Wisdom is where no thing appears.
Both are not different.  Both are the same.
Non attachment is not seeking anything from outside.
Wisdom is not leaving the Self within.

- Who am I?

Arunachala Siva.