Author Topic: Swami Suddhananda of Samvit Sagar Trust  (Read 5712 times)

srkudai

Swami Suddhananda of Samvit Sagar Trust
« on: February 26, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »
Hi Friends,
          I met Swami Suddhanandaji of Samvit sagar trust [www.self-knowledge.in] a couple of times and had some very fruitful discussions ... so this thread is dedicated to him. It lists some discussions i had with him and some subtle points i understoood by discussing with him. All Q's are my questions and all A's are his answers in the below thread.

Love!
Silence

Ganesh_b01

Re: Swami Suddhananda of Samvit Sagar Trust
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »
Dear Srkudai

your last post is very interesting -

" With Self... understanding is practicing. if someone is not able to practice, it means he has not understood it. "

It has a lot of essence and meaning in it. I am enjoying reading this sentence. I feel I have understood it but at the sametime I feel like 'what?' Need some more time to jump into waters.

Very nice posts  :)

Prostrations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:38:09 AM »
Dear srkudai,

Very interesting and nice.  Please give the excerpts of your questions and Swami's answers, further.

Arunachala Siva.

matthias

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
dear udai

i liked your last posts about swamiji

I also met a very good teacher, and in a way the 3 days of meditation and talk about our essence also had a deep impact on myself...

I think this impact is in a way similar....I just understood that I cannot do a thing to be what Iam...that Iam allready complete and whole and presence...simply presence.....the only thing I can do is to relaxe into it....because why hurrry? why put tons of energy into a search that is nothing but a mirage, a mindtrick to keep the mind alive...

like the verse of longchenpa says:

....so if we aspire to the supreme state of being
we should cast aside all childich games that fetter
and exhaust body, speech and mind;
and stretching out in inconceivable nonaction;

now I started to study the dzogchen maha ati buddhism deeper and deeper, and it is so clear so easy and so direct that it jsut transforms me from day to day...I relaxe more and more, I have no more trouble with my work, I just sit back and relaxe into what ever comes (may it be stress or hardwork or no work, I deeply understood tha tit is absent in reality, it is not existing so why should I fight with it, wo can fight it?)....something is letting go on a deep level...more and more

jet I also feel that Iam a total beginner, and that there is much more to expereince and to let go....I can see my attachemnts very clearly, also my tension in my body, my old patterns...this is all very clear to me (and there is no more fight against it) so now I feel that I found a great treasure, and that this treasure is limitless good and blissfull...

but I also feel that my goodness, my love can grow limitless...because it comes from a source that knows no limits....so there is no end to the journey...

in a way samsara is totally unreal, but jet we can create alot of good energy in samsara...when we come from hte right place with the right understanding (that samsara is unreal, that the good energy is not existing a tall)..it is a big paradox of course, but we can bring good to the world, and hte greatest good is realisation of the who we are...

I plan to travel to Nepal soon, to study the maha ati buddhism on a very deep level, and my next trip will be to Tirvunnamalai and I think I should also meet swami suddhanada (my dzogchen teacher recommendet arunachala as a very important spot for more clarification...nothing new to me of course)

Iam very happy for you that you found a teacher in flesh and blood :) 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:19:21 PM by matthias »

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:09:59 PM »
I have seen the interview.
Its really good and swamiji explained universality in a simple and informal manner with examples.
The interviewer himself have enjoyed the show and the audience will enjoy it too if they view it with an open mind.

For the past few days, these two sentences were lingering in my mind, which I would like to state now, since it has resemblance with the central theme of the interview:

Since the Self is formless, it can take any form.
Since the Self is silent, it can form any sound.

Om Shanti ...
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:17:16 AM »
Dear Udai ji

Whenever I am reading your posts about your understanding immedietly I feel yes, you are explaining nicely and it looks everything is clear.
But when I leave the pc. and started going to day life, again I am clouded.

I have a my friend who is having some disorder in sleep. She tells me, how she prepares herself for her sleep. She tried yoga technics, chanting mantras,
hearing carnatic soothing music. but she awares, she cannot sleep, so how her body gets tired, where she gets pain, all symtoms.
She takes sleeping tablets perscribed by doctor. She is a regular visitor to temple, doing all pujas, going to girivalam. She says when she gets good sleep till 7 in the morning. That is very rare.
After hearing her story, I wornder always, who is residing within her, and judging that she is not sleeping, so that her body gets, pain, cramps, vomiting sensation. This question made me to investigate, that person who is there. and who is within me. Because, the person is always because daily she tells her
report. I asked her what about her sleep when she was a girl in her  school days, before her marriage. She remembers. Me too. Now it looks little clear that
that person who is always within us, speaks, IS OUR CONSIOUSNESS. Sometimes doctor says, she is alright, but she tells, oh the doctor is cheating
I know myself I am not able to sleep. So the same consiousness gives the justification? Anyway your posts are helping in this self enquiry. Thank you.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »
Dear Ramanaduli,

One can get sleep only when he learns how to stop the mind
from chattering.  Yogas, namasmarana, sleeping tablets
etc., are only trying to direct the mind to a thoughtless state,
but the person concerned should do it for himself.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »
Dear srkudai,

Excellent.  Bhagavan Ramana says in Arunachala Akshara
Mana Malai:  I came to You and I  saw You.  But how can
I say I saw you.  I cannot say I did not see You either.
Because You are only there?  [I cannot distinguish I and
You]!

Arunachala Siva.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 07:07:59 AM »
Dear udai ji

Thank you, thank you. I should take it ... as a vrath. establishing and  having conviction that "I am consiousness ", continuousely day and night.

And I pray to Bhagavan's grace also.

Ramanaduli