Author Topic: Imitating the 63 Sivite Saints  (Read 10770 times)

Ganesh_b01

Re: Imitating the 63 Sivite Saints
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
Bhagawan has also told this and we have also dicussed this in other posts under other topics I think that

Ones Self is truly once own Guru.

Krishna also says Uddaretatamanatmanam: Ones Self is truly ones own Friend and Foe. Lift your own self with he help of your higher Self. Do not let Lower Self take hold of you.

Prostrations to Bhagawan

Ganesh_b01

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 03:26:40 PM »
Very True Dear Subramanian,

I just wanted to illustrate the complete principle of Self just for our understanding. definetely have a long way to go indeed :)

I am able to recollect the same words of Ramanar from one of my relatives: he said if you truly prostrate that should be the end of you (Ego) if that is not the case then you have not been able to surrender your ego completely. Like the Story of Janaka I posted in Ashtavakra Samhita when Guru says stop, Janaka goes blank completely.

each time I do prostrations, I just hope one more bit of my ego is surrendered.

Very true indeed

Again prostrations to Bhagawan

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 03:29:56 PM »
Dear sirs,
            To imitate is to go against ourselves.In imitation there is undercurrent of desire for

recognition,imitation is comfortable,second hand and dulls the mind.There is inconvenience when

one is original but nothing valuable is gained without inconvenience.Imitation is to live a life that

we are not meant to live.It is to do things which you never supposed to do.It is the fellow that

we are not.It is the way to destroy our life.Going spontaneously with our natural life,one day we

are bound to arrive at the doors of divine.  
pvssnraju

Ganesh_b01

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 04:34:53 PM »
Dear Dr Raju,

I feel we all are really imitating for our natural Self is absolutely pure. until we realise the Self we have no other option but to imitate. imitate the  teachings of Bhagawan, Imitate the description of Bhagawans teachings as we understand and evolve to the state of non imitation - Pure Self.

Whatever we do is only imitation. There is no escape to it.

Prostrations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »
Dear Dr.  Raju,

Very true.  Sincerity of purpose, without any bogus-ness is needed.
After Sri Seshadri Swami passed away, many people said that they
are speaking to the soul of Swami and Swami could foresee things
through them.  Bhagavan Ramana said:  Oh, is it so?  Then let Sri
Seshdri Swami come and tell me so!"  Since Bhagavan Ramana flatly refused discipleship for any one at any time, no one was there afterwards, claiming that Ramana was speaking through them!   

Arunachala Siva.