Author Topic: Sri Ramana, all is Brahman  (Read 4427 times)

nonduel

• View Profile
Sri Ramana, all is Brahman
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »
Sri Ramana was Self-Realized, a Jnani.  For a Jnani in the Sahaja "state", all is the Self, all is One, all is Brahman.

He was "aware" of his physical body, had a connection with it and thus did experience pain.

This question came up in the recent days, that all is Brahman, all is the Self, thus did he experience the suffering of all.

It makes me think of theologists who say that Jesus died on the cross for all of mankind.
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Sri Ramana, all is Brahman
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »
Dear non-duel, Bhagavan is Brahma-jnani but  He did experience
pain, as everyone else.  But as Saiva-Siddhantists say, such pain
will be 'thinned'.  In fact, when He suffered from sarcoma, doctors
have said that the pain would be excruciating, as if a lorry is
running over one's hand.  But Bhagavan merely groaned in sleep.
Jesus must have also had  such 'thinned' pain.

nonduel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

It is the jeva that "sees" the body of the Jnani suffering. But the body isn't the Self, isn't the Jnani. And to my knowledge, Sri Ramana did experience a certain amount of the pain of his body, as you pointed out. But he did feel some degree of pain being "connected" to a body.

But my question is more on the Oneness, Brahman.  All is Brahman, all is the Self. There is no duality. Thus all that the jeva sees as others, the million of human beings suffering are ALL the Self. For the Jnani there is only the Self

Consequently the Jnani "should" feel the suffering of ALL HUMANITY, because all is One, all is Brahman, all is the Self.
Oh Arunachala, blazing fire of Jnana, in my heart I pray and think of Thee from afar, root out the ego, merging me in the Self.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »
Dear non-duel, I agree with you.  More than His own pain in the
last 2 years of His life, Bhagavan felt, experienced,  and expressed more pain towards the sufferings of others.  I have already mentioned on
the subject of contextual truth, that Bhagavan cried, when Echammal
brought her grandson, after everyone of her relatives had passed away
and placed the little child on Bhagavan's lap.  Not only pain, even
other feelings of joy etc., have been expressed by Him, becuase,
others had felt happy at that material point of time.  For example,
when "avial" (a mixed vegetable prepration in the form of a gravy)
and "kanji" ( a rice porridge) was to be served in the morning in the
Ashram, He rejoiced with every one else.  All is Oneness,  All is
Brahman, All is Self and Jnani is All.  But, we mortals, enjoy happiness,
good luck and suffer pain and misery only for ourselves and not for
others, invariably.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:40:34 PM »
Dear srkudai, For a Brahma Jnani like Ramana, even the waking
state is a dream.  But He felt all emotions as if in a play.  Or He is
like a mirror reflecting the emotions of others.  On the last day
of His life in the body, when everyone around Him was crying and praying, He had asked after hearing the cooing of the peacocks:
"Whether the peacocks have been fed?"  Arunachala Siva.   

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:05:29 PM »
Finite consciousness can know only finite things.If Jnani is infinite he cannot be separate from ourselves and the world.we feel separate from jnani yet we say he is
unlimited is self contradictory in terms.we superimpose imaginary adjuncts on ourselves and jnani and we imagine about him according to our limited range of perception.
In the basic form of self consciousness which jnani enjoys there is no duality because it is not adulterated by adjuncts which are the cause of duality.
Suppose if we are awake from a dream are we concerned about those who are part of that dream stuff.When dream ends all duality ends and the dream reality end.
pvssnraju

SANKAR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 06:56:25 AM »
Sri Ramana was Self-Realized, a Jnani.  For a Jnani in the Sahaja "state", all is the Self, all is One, all is Brahman.

He was "aware" of his physical body, had a connection with it and thus did experience pain.

This question came up in the recent days, that all is Brahman, all is the Self, thus did he experience the suffering of all.

It makes me think of theologists who say that Jesus died on the cross for all of mankind.

Dear

Jesus and Ramanarishi are one and the same. They never died. They are always alive as usual. They are in formless form of infinity. They are in all. We only see the difference with dualism. To get rid of the dualism  is only all practice needs to be done. Follow the ten commandments of bible in practical life thats enough. Any amount of philosophy is of no avail without practce. Practce, Practce, ------ LESS SPEACH, MORE SILENCE, FINALLY STILLNESS.

JESUS BLESSES ALL
KANNAN MEERA SANKAR