Author Topic: Where do the Jnani's Punyas go?  (Read 1712 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Where do the Jnani's Punyas go?
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
When a person is self-realized and becomes a Jnani, all his karmas,
good and bad are burnt immediately.  However, where all his punyas
and papas (if any), done in his worldly life, after self realization go?
Bhagavan Ramana has Himself answered this point in one of His poems, saying that all His punyas go to the devotees who have surrendered to Him and all the papas go to the persons who ill-speak of Him and ill-treat Him.

Smt Parvatam, wife of M.V. Venkatrama Iyer has this happening.
Women were not allowed to stay in the Asramam after 6 pm.  One early morning, when Smt Parvatam arrived in the Asramam, she found that Bhagavan and all the devotees who lived there overnight,
had left for giri pradakshina in the early morning itself. Since she was very upset that everyone had gone without her, she decided to wait on the road, she knew Bhagavan would take on return!

When Bhagavan Ramana noticed her in the distance, He turned to the other devotees and said: "Look! Parvatam is about to get angry with me."  Looking at Bhagavan, Smt Parvatam burst into tears and cried: "Why did you exclude me?  Why did you not take me with you on pradakshina?"

Bhagavan Ramana replied by saying:  "All the merits accruing from this Pradakshina are only for you alone!"

This meritorious devotee who got merits of Bhagavan Ramana, expired at her ripe age, uttering the word 'Ramana'.

(Source: M.V. Sabapathy's article in Mountain Path, Aradhana, 2006)

Arunachala Siva.     

SLakshmi

• View Profile
Re: Where do the Jnani's Punyas go?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:40:02 AM »
such a blessed devotee!! I have heard that inside the huge hill of fire..contains innumerable caves and hills and sivalingas..and there is an entire world out there. Smt.rajapalayam ramaniammal saw ancient rishi munis and sidhas doing homams and other religious and spiritual practices...she remembers that the whole atmosphere an ancient rishi ashram with bhagavan sitting and observing all! Bhagavan emphasised no other practise more than girivalam and self-enquiry. One was the route for karma yoga and the other jyana yoga!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Where do the Jnani's Punyas go?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
Yes. The Hill is quite mystical.  Suzanne heard Sama Veda being chanted
when she was staying alone in Virupaksha Cave one night. The attendants
have heard the sounds of the wooden footwear of the walking Siddhas
at night, when they had accompanied Bhagavan at nights.

Arunachala Siva.