Author Topic: How many people can stay in a ashram room ?  (Read 20005 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: How many people can stay in a ashram room ?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »
Dear karthikeyan,

There is a request stop in front of the Asramam for any
bus.  You can tell the conductor in advance.  The lunch
is at 11.30 AM.  You have to check in at the office, leave
the luggage there after collecting keys.  You can go then
for lunch, paying namaskarams to Matrubhutesawara and
Ramaneswara Mahalinga. If you can make it doing all these,
and stand in the lunch queue say by 11.20 AM, you are in.
Otherwise the night food is there at 7.30 PM.

Arunachala Siva.

karthikeyan M

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 07:43:44 PM »
Thanks
I need information on availability of beds in guest room.
And should i stand in queue even at 7.30 pm for dinner, a little earlier even for that.
Are there only one seating (only one serve food at a time)
Thanks

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
Dear karthikeyan. M.

Normally there are rooms with two beds.  I am also told that
there are larger rooms or halls for more people to stay.  Here
they should sleep on mattress on the floor and not on the cots.
Everytime, be it breakfast [7 am], or lunch [11.30 AM] or
tea [4.00 PM] or dinner [7.30 PM], the visitors should stand
in the queue ten minutes beforehand.  It will simple break
fast or lunch or dinner and these are served with table and
chair facility.  No second helping, except for rice, unless you need it specifically.

Arunachala Siva.

karthikeyan M

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »
Thanks Subramanian.R  sir,
Tomorrow morning 6.30 I'll be leaving for T.Malai and i will get back with a story.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
Dear karthikeyan. M,

I wish you a happy journey and nice stay.  Cry before
Bhagavan, melt before Him.  This is a sure way to obtain
His abundant Grace.  If you go one step towards Him, He
will rush ten steps towards you.  Bhagavan Ramana has
sung in Arunachala Akshara Mana Malai:  "You the Ocean
of Grace, in Hill form, You please shower Your Grace upon
me and bless me! O Arunachala!"

Arunachala Siva.   

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 06:52:38 PM »
The people who for girivalam, can they go to the back side and visit all the samadhis? Or people are allowed those who are staying in ashram.
I want to visit those samadhis. I do not know when Bhagavan would call me.

By the way I read about APPICHI SASTHRIGAL. N. Subramaniyan from south arcot. in Ramanodhyam mag. Very fortunate soul.

Rsmansduli

karthikeyan M

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 01:22:48 AM »
My visit to Ashram was simply majestic, Bhagavan Ramana welcome me with all his smile that was formed by his followers, devotees.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »
Dear karthikeyan. M,

When  you are free, we expect a more detailed post from
you.

Arunachala Siva.

karthikeyan M

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »
Bus: I left to T. Malai from my house around 5.30 early in the morning reached the satellite bus stand, happen to see KSRTC bus that was about to depart to T.Malai, we asked what time is the departure, he replied 6.00 am, that was the time showning in my watch.
We board to bus only to realise that the bus was empty and to comply with us, an lady with her son join our journey I was really thrilled I calculated that we could make to T.Malai within 10.30 am, so that things could move easily.
The bus driver sensing emptiness thrive the bus to Majestic to get more people, ok.
We bypassed Housur by 7.20 and I was counting on the arrival time to much earlier that I calculated. The bus halted at the famous (infamous) eat out that was located just after/before Krishnagiri. Then things happen to worry to some reason, may be because of the bus speed and getting people into the bus made me sicker of the time passing by. We reach T.Malai 11.10 am.

Ashram: Halting the bus on it way to Bus stand at Ramana Ashram we quickly rushed to the staff rooms holding in one hand the luggage and on the other hand the print copy of the e-mail. One of the staffers directed us to corner room, we went inside produce the papers to him, he turned a big open book that appear like addresses book on my side and now I got it, I took my pen starting writing my address, no. of day stay and no. of persons, he(staffer) had a narrow look what I have written, got up and brought a key to guest room, he replied in American accent '' Keep your luggage in the office, have darshan and proceed for lunch and then to the guest room''. He then gave directions for the guest room; I had no time to grasp all the words he utters to the directions. Keeping the luggage in the office we proceed to Amma temple and then to the main hall, walked around the Samadhi and sat for a while, I slightly looked at my watch it was showing 11.25 am, we got and rushed to find where the lunch was served (because Subramanian.R said we have to be at leash 10 minutes earlier and stand in the queue so that we are in), of course, I knew where the lunch was served but to be more cautious enough not to miss it we enquire and he directed us to the door that had a name plate reading 'Dinners only guest and invites' so we decided to stand little aside near the meditation hall, 11.30 more people gather we got more closer the door, the bell rang we got inside.
We passed by large room decorated or to say adored by Bhagavan's photo's (all black and white ones, it was rare opportunity to have a glimpse of those inaccessible photos) no time (made to move quickly) to stand and have clear look at those beautiful photos. We entered one large room with banana leafs that were lined up for the lunch. When staffer began the serving the food, when the food was served I remembered what Subramanian.R said 'the food in the ashram' I got the answer that was in front of me and Ramana offer the answers (food) to eat. I don't know exactly how to explain the food in the ashram, taste and quantity of the food does not appear in my mind but something that was divine. After the lunch we left the ashram in search for the guest room.

Guest room:
Trying to remember the staffer directions to the guest room, we search here and there, finally with some help reached Sri Ramanashram sub Post Office guest room, we arrived and again began to search for the room number and there it was R-19. We open the doors of our guest room and was simply shocked to see how  decent the room was, it had fly shield all around the windows and doors, we took some rest around 1.30 pm we left to Thirukkoil to have darshan at Perumal temple.

Thirukkoil: we board the bus from T.Malai to Thirukkoil arrived there around 3.20. The temple main door (inner door) was close and they said it could reopen only at 4.00 pm. we sat down and went around inner parakarms of the temple. 4.00 Perumal open the doors for us, we rather waited and decided not to rush in for darshan because of the crowd. Latter not to insult ourself, we went to darshan, sat for a while and waited for bus to T.Malai, one thing that will happen in Thirukkoil is that, bus transport to T.Malai is very rare. Ok we waited for nearly a hour or so and there one of them we got in sight we quickly boarded and I was planning to visit big temple in T.Malai and at same time I don't want to miss the dinner invitation from Bhagavan Ramana. I looked out of the bus window, Rudra was sighted and expected heavy rain. Reached T.Malai around 7.10 pm.

Dinner: 7.15 pm rushed to guest room, quickly rush back to Ashram, I wanted to buy some book 'Sadhus Remenisence'by Chadwick, but unfortunately found book store close, walked straight to dinner hall waited  for few minutes the queue was formed we sat down for dinner, again the food was simply divine in nature. After the dinner we went to main hall did namskar for Bhagavan, headed back to guest room

Morning: Got up very early, we had time for breakfast at the ashram so as we were staying Sri Ramanashram Post Office guest room area which is nearer to Yogi Ramsurat Kumar Ashram we decided to pay visit to the Ashram, describing the Ashram, it is vast that is that is  bounded by walls.

Ashram: The numbers in my digital watch was changing fast to 7.00 am, a few spell of rain, made us to rush to the Ashram (Ramana's force).We infact got into Ashram, says 10 minutes earlier prior to Breakfast time, devotees were singing divine songs, we sat in the hall, after the puja we received milk and head to dinner hall, the Breakfast was also divine in nature. we went to the book shop, brought some books, head back to guest room, backed our bags headed back to the ashram, thanked the ashram staff and contributed to Ashram and headed straight to the big temple.

Big Temple: I was ashamed entering the big temple, because bhagavan used to say first visit the temple and then me, this time it was opposite. We brought Rs 20 tickets, but the priest and staff did not allow us to sit near the lingam as earlier he used to do, we were taken back, just then I remembered the words '“What cannot be acquired without great pains – the true import of Vedanta (Self-Realization) – can be attained by anyone who looks at (this hill). from where it is visible or even mentally thinks of it from afar.” 

It was 10.30 it was to leave for bus stand to head back to home.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:22:18 PM by karthikeyan M »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 01:10:39 PM »
Dear karthikeyan. M,

Absolutely nice recordings.  You had one darshan and hereafter
He will call you again and again.  You can go only when He wills,
not a day before or after.  Our job is to repose faith in Him.
To see Arunachala Hill or Bhagavan Ramana or Arunachaleswara
and Apeetakuchamba in the Big Temple, you can have any order you life.  Bhagavan went there first because He had a call from
Arunachala Siva and so He had to report to Him first.  We can
have any order we like.  In fact, during my three days usual
visits, I see Ramaneswara Lingam on the first day.  Big Temple
is always on the second day. The third day, I have giripradakshina, some rare places like Palakottu, Gurumurtham
and Isanya Math etc.,  No problem.  I have so far not mixed up Tirukkoilur or Desur or any other pilgrim centres.

Arunachala Siva.

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 03:32:33 PM »
Dear Karthikeyan.M

Thank you very much. While reading your post it gave me such a feeling that I was also visiting those places.
I went for girivalam with a group. I could not spend much time in Ashram as we had to go for girivalam on full moon day.
As Subramaniyan ji said it is His will. So I am waiting for His call.

Ramanaduli

karthikeyan M

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 06:49:29 PM »
Is it possible to meet you people at the Ashram if Bhagavan wants us to share our thoughts

karthikeyan M

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 06:52:04 PM »
Dear karthikeyan. M,
Palakottu, Gurumurtham and Isanya Math

Can please tell me where are these places and their interest.

Thanks

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »
Dear karthikeyan. M,

Dr. Raju also asked for a meeting of like-minded people
at Tiruvannamalai.  Bhagavan Ramana willing, it might
happen.  As for my wife and me, we go there at least
once in three months or even earlier.  The last visit was
on 30th April-3rd May 2009.

Arunachala Siva.

karthikeyan M

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »
Dear karthikeyan. M,
Palakottu, Gurumurtham and Isanya Math

Can please tell me where are these places and their interest.

Thanks

You forgot to reply for this also :)