Author Topic: Vichaara  (Read 5666 times)

Ganesh_b01

Vichaara
« on: February 15, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »
Hello,

I have been Self-Enquiring mySelf for some time now. I feel I come to see many truths so far. I dont know in what state I am in now. I dont know if I want anything at all or I want something at all. I find myself in a position where I am not at all interested in any materialistic life. I quit a decent job a year back. I feel I am very confused and at the same time I feel I am not. Some sort of irritation exists constantly in me. I am not able to find the reason for that irritation. I tried to do find out the source of the irritation "Who am I" i.e. who is irritated etc... I am not able to proceed... That irritation becomes a barrier from here. I dont know if I have a question at all and at the same time I feel there is some question existing in me. Please I pray Bhagwan to show me a way out.  Om Name Bhagawate Sri Ramanaaya.

Thank you

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Vichaara
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »
Dear Ganesh_b01,

Welcome to the Forum.

1. I do not know what made you to quit the job.  Is it due to difficulties in the job or in the way of life that you had do, bluffing
to seniors, calling those idiots as men of Solomonic wisdom,  or
bluffing to juniors to get work done, calling those cowards as men
of Alexandrian bravery.  I did all these.  But I quit because of some
other reasons.  Bhagavan Ramana did not say any one to quit the job or family, unless their prarabdha worked that way.

2. Do not have any irritations.  These come about from mostly outside.  Try to bear them with grin.  Put faith in Bhagavan Ramana.  You can surrender to Him, at least partially, for removing the irritations and identity crisis and the sense of alienation.  Try to attend satsanghs, if they are conducted nearby.  Do not go for
drugging for removing irritations or lack of sleep.  Read Bhagavan
Ramana's books. 

If you tell me, I can think of some other suggestions,  Bhagavan willing.  Wish you good luck.

Arunachala Siva.     

Disciple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:29:55 AM »
Pranam,

Dear Ganesh_b01,
If there is irritation, it means there is some subconscious desire or fear which is being suppressed and not allowed to come up. In such a case it is very necessary to be very true to yourself and confront the desire rather than suppress it. Once the desire is known, one can proceed from there. It is not wise to live in denial just because you have set a lofty goal for yourself.
The enquiry "who am I" sometimes throws up a lot of things which have been suppressed or ignored for a long period of time. When such things come up it is best to deal with them firstly, by asking the question "for whom is this desire?" etc. If that approach does not work and the desire comes repeatedly it means that the desire is very strong and one has to consciously and with full attention just look at the desire. Do not be judgemental about yourself about having the desire and so on. Just be concious of that desire or fear. Do not go along with it or try to suppress it. Just be aware of it.
The power of awareness is such that it will give the answer to the problem, where all other intellectual acrobatics have failed. But remember not to be judgemental or have preconceived notions about things in life. Sometimes the thing to be done could be totally the opposite of what you might have thought to be the right course of action. Just be patient and let go of all notions you hold on to, and let the answer reveal itself to you in full awareness.

Om shri Ramana      

Ganesh_b01

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »
Dear Subramanian,

Thanks for your reply. Really I did not enjoy my job and I found it worthless, earning money became least important to me. I had good opportunities. As I did not enjoy the job, I truly felt that continuing the job would be doing injustice to the employer and mySelf. I would say that my that action as a Prarabdha. It just happenned that way. all of a sudden. However I am contemplating to start a small business to just make a living and to keep my family secured of me.

Like you say, I try my best to bear with those irritations. I have faith in Bhagawan, I keep myself occupied by reading Bhagawans teachings through his books and his documentaries. It gives peace of mind. Its the only things that gives peace of mind. I just pray to him. I dont have any negative habits. My this state also gets my family also worried about me. They fear where I may go away as Sanyasi etc... Allthough I know in my deepest heart that I have a long way to still go. I believe one really doesnt need to take up sanyas to become a sanyasi. I would rather be here in midst of Life and lead a quiet life like Bhagwan says.

I was fortunate enough to visit 3 times in January and did Girivalam. But now I think it will be difficult to visit Tiruvannamalai as my mother feels going there would be taking me away from her...

I just pray Bhagwan to guide me. Thanks for your interest and response.

Dear Disciple

I agree with you, there is some subconscious desire or fear being suppressed and not allowed to come up. I just pray Bhagwan to give me strenght and guide me so as to over come it. I just have to be patient I guess bearing the irritations. The problem is that the Girn-ness is visible in my face and other feel insecured about that in my face. What more can I do than just remember Bhagwan. I dont know complete surrendering  or have enough wisdom to overcome the obstacles within me. I just see nothing beyond the irritation, may be its void as I dont know to think beyond that. and hence that irritation stays in me...

I just pray...

Thanks for your interest and your response

Thank you

Ganesh_b01

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 11:17:29 AM »
Dear Disciple,

I have a correction to make. - I always have some sadness or I am always quite in my face, I typed it as Grin-ness in my face by mistake.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:25:40 AM »
dear Ganesh_b01,

Yes, starting your own business in a small way, will ensure your occupation and also earn some money.  You will be the King of all
that you survey. Do not put all your savings on that business. Measure the depth, before you plunge.  Keep family happy.  Mother
is the most important person in one's life.  Surrender to Bhagavan
Ramana and He will take care, as He is taking care of me. 

Arunachala Siva. 

Ganesh_b01

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

Thanks for your wishes, I feel like I have got the nod from Bhagawan. This Forum is a great Satsang. the mind is calm by reading various posts on Bhagwan.

Thank you

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 06:42:09 PM »
Upheavals in life are common and most people have to face it during one time or the other.
During this time, the persons who are in a comparatively better state can give counsel; who may in turn require such counseling during their turn.

When the mind no longer pursues material gains and flows towards the divine, the binding effect of the karma starts reducing and its freeing effect is felt. At this time work undertaken in a disciplined manner for the maintenance of the body and dependents, keeping the practice of self-enquiry alive may actually benefit oneself.

The mind feels irritations, depressions etc, when it gets trapped, as it were, in the small, and loses its touch with the deeper self.
This condition heals itself if this "knot" of the mind can melt itself in the expanse of the "vrihat".

At this time, the vichara "To whom is this sorrow?" still remains one of the best way if through regular self-enquiry (previously) one has got access to one's deeper self, and one does self-enquiry correctly.

For immediate relief, one may try to spend time in nature.
One may also try singing one's favorite bhajans by clapping one's hands.

Sri Ramakrishna said:
As, at the clap of the hands, the birds in the tree fly away, so do our sins disappear at the chanting of God's name and glories.

And remember Bhagavan feeding birds and monkeys?
Similarly one may try feeding animals (birds, stray dogs etc).

Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Ganesh_b01

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 11:00:47 PM »
Dear Silentgreen,

Simple and wise words. I fully agree to all your observation.

Regards

munagala

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 07:13:50 AM »

Many of us go through this phase of dispassion to material pursuits.

Some famous examples.
Rama went through this and the world got Yoga Vasishta.
Arjuna went thorugh this and the world got Bhagavad Gita.

What it suggests is that we need clarity and guidance from experienced Gurus or books that can guide us.
There is no point in leaving everything and running away as the mind would go wherever we go.

I suggest you read Bhagavan's teachings again and again no matter how many times you read it in the past.
Guidance is assured.

Regards,
Sambu

Disciple

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »
Dear Ganesh_b01,

I am glad you are starting a small business and I wish you all the luck. The best course as you say is definitely praying to Bhagwan and asking for his grace.
While doing business you will be interacting with many people and it is essential at that time to be happy and confident rather than sadness to show on your face.
Whenever you feel sad just think of the calm and serene face of Bhagavan smiling back at you. This will definitely lift your mood and make you feel happy, carefree and confident.

Om shri Ramana   

Ganesh_b01

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »
Dear Disciple,

Thanks so much for your wishes. Actually I got a b/w pocket size picture of Sri Ramana Maharshi today, one of my relative gave it to me. I was just beyond words. Its quite common to receive pictures of other Gods and other Gurus but to have got Sri Ramana Maharshi, I feel very much blessed. I feel happy to share this bit here in this forum.

Sat Guru Paahi Paahi