Author Topic: Maurice Frydman  (Read 2088 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Maurice Frydman
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:55:41 AM »
Maurice Frydman, (later Bharatananda), was born to Jewish parents
in Poland in 1902.  He had great love for India and that brought him to India and then to Bhagavan Ramana in 1936.  He is the one who compiled Maharshi's Gospel (1939) and many questions in that book, were asked by him.  His mother and sister had died in the German holocaust, and this tragedy snapped his links once for all with his country and he stayed in India, till his death in 1976.

He writes about his first visit:

... After bath, I went into the Hall and sat for two hours. I did not know then what was meant by words like Maharshi and Bhagavan.  I had no preconceived ideas and yet I felt that there was something extraordinary in that man.  I was told about his teachings, but they were far too high for me.  I did not understand what they meant.
But, I felt a strong and lasting affection for him.  I was alone in India and I attached myself to him, just as a homeless dog would to his master.

Afterwards, whenever I felt worried, I used to go to Arunachala, and sit in his presence.  In the early days, I would be asking questions, but later when I began to visit him more and more, the discussions with him grew less and less.  I began to visit him everymonth.

My mind became quieter than before.  Previously, it was unhappy and never satisfied.  Now a kind of security and peace began to be felt spontaneously.

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana. Boundless Ocean of Grace. Volume No. 3. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.

soham3

• External world is shadow of what is inside you
    • View Profile
Re: Maurice Frydman
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
He is connected with the three big guns - Maharaj, Maharishi and Mahatma.
O Divine, lead me to dizzy heights of sublimity & loftiness