Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1432 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:22:58 AM »
Once Bhagavan Ramana was describing Prahlada's samadhi and how Vishnu made him to wake up by touch of his conchshell.  Bhagavan
Ramana said: Goodness is only relative.  Good always implies bad
also.  They always co exist.  the one is the obverse of the other....

The audience in the hall was listening very attentively. One of them, a sincere devotee of Bhagavan was so impressed by it that he soon lost himself.  He later described his experience as follows:

"I was wondering where the "current" starts, within the body or elsewhere. Suddenly my body grew tenuous until it disappeared.
The enquiry "Who am I?" went on very clearly and forcibly. The sound of "I-I-I" alone persisted. There was one expanse and nothing more.  There was a hazy perception of the occurrences in the hall. I knew people stood up to salute at the end of the Vedic chant.
I wanted to stand.  The thought soon deserted me.  I was again lost in the one expanse.  The experience continued until I heard the voice of Bhagavan. That made me collect myself.  Then I stood up and saluted.  A strange feeling continued for more than half an hour. I cannot forget it.  It is still haunting me."

Bhagavan Ramana listened to his words and was silent for some minutes.  The following observations fell from his lips:

One may seem to go out of the body.  But the body itself is not more than our thought.  There can be no body in the absence of thought.
No outgoing or incoming in the absence of body.  However, owing to habit, the feeling of going out arises.  A particle of hail falling on the surface of the sea melts away and becomes water, wave, froth, etc.,
in the sea.  Similarly, the subtle intellect, rising up as the tiny dot (ego) from the Heart and bulging out, finally enters into and becomes one with the Heart.   Though milk remains as wide as sea, can you drink with a mouth as wide as sea?  You can suck it only through the tiny capillaries of the paps.

(Source: Talks, 13th January 1937. Munagala Venkatramiah.)

Arunachala Siva.