Author Topic: Bhagavan and Others of that State.  (Read 8223 times)

paul

Bhagavan and Others of that State.
« on: April 05, 2008, 12:54:21 AM »
I have been in the possesion of a couple of  books written about the teachings of Bhagavan for a number of years and I have read them several times over that period. From them and from the person that gave me his name I knew that he had attained the ulimate spiritual quest. But until recently they have had no effect on me, but now things have begun to open up. I have found out a little more about Bhagavan and some of the people that have been in his presence and what an influence he has been for those.

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a person who has attained the same state as Bhagavan and they are of this time. If you do could you let us know something about them.

Regards.
Paul.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:56:20 AM by paul »

naren

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan and Others of that State.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »
FIRSTLY, I WOULD LIKE TO STATE THAT I FIND THE TITLE BHAGWAN GIVEN TO MAHARISHIJI AS OBNOXIOUS AND HE WOULD HAVE CERTAINLY DISCOURAGED SUCH SYCOPHANTIC ELEVATION. AS REGARDS AN ENLIGHTENED BEING OF OUR TIMES, THEY ARE CHARY OF POSTING ABOUT THEMSELVES. HOWEVER IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT , I WOULD SUGGEST YOU SEARCH THE GARHWAL HIMALAYAS 

paul

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:37:27 AM »
It is appropriate for me to say Bhagavan and for you to say MAHARISHIJI.
Look at the hue of your message, the one word that is used in it that sums it up is OBNOXIOUS.
Based upon that there can is no credence in searching the THE GARHWAL HIMALAYAS. 

Graham

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 06:21:59 AM »
The title of 'Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi' was given by Ganapathi Muni after Bhagavan answered questions that no-one else could answer.

The word 'Bhagavan' means God, the Supreme - That 'Truth' which clearly emanated from Him and stirred the hearts of all who came into His presence or read His words. To address Him as anything less is not appropriate.

It is true that the term 'Bhagavan' has been hijacked by many who aspire to fulfill the desires of their egos, but that was clearly not the case with Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi.

The title is therefore accurate in His case and should not be attacked

naren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »
IMAGINE YOURSELF AS MAHARISHIJI. WOULD YOU HAVE PREFERRED TO BE CALLED BHAGWAN. THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE FROM A CHRISTIAN MILIUE IS THAT CHRIST DECLARES HIMSELF AS THE SON OF GOD. HE BELEIVED THE DAY OF RECKONING WILL BE THE DAY HE WILL BE CRUCIFIED. THAT DAY OF JUDGEMENT IS STILL IN THE FUTURE AS FAR AS CHRISTIANITY IS CONCERNED. THE REALIZED SEERS OF INDIA MERGED WITH BRAHMAN, - THE TRUE REALITY. AS SUCH I FOUND THE TERM BHAGWAN AS OBNOXIOUS. THIS IS NO WAY TO INTERPRET MY SUGGESTION FOR YOUR SEARCH IN THE GARHWAL HIMALAYAS. YOU CAN SEARCH IN TIMBUCTOO FOR ALL I AM CONCERNED

paul

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »
Naren, those things you say of Christianity do not come from me.
Ramana Maharshi, Ramakrishna, the Sivapuri Baba, Christ, Buddha are some of those who by having books written about their life, have helped with an internal quest.
If one of those has in some way has had a influence and the reaction of it was to refer to them internally as Bhagavan, does that make it wrong.
Thats where it comes from.

How can I take guidance from one who is misdirected.

Paul.

ashwin

• "God , Guru and Self are one and the same"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 12:35:13 PM »
Paul,

Thats a pretty good question you have asked.

but as maharshi in his teaching have already mentioned, "as we cook the food and we eat only when it is fully cooked, we need to purify our self and when you have no thoughts and thoought of "I" is lost, the "SELF" itself guides you.

In this matter, even a GURU wont be able to help you.

"SELF" itself is the Supreme teacher/guru or whatever word you can use.

Until there EGO or we have the thought that "i am the doer" one will not be able to make progress.

Cheers

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 05:37:35 PM »
Dear Paul and Naren, why all this fight about addressing Ramana,
as Bhagavan.  He was called so, by Kavyakanta Muni, who recited
Lalita Sahasranama, and brought rain drops over his head, on a
hot summer day in Tiruvannmalai.   If you can do such a thing, you can call Ramana by any name.  I am 62 and I do not know any other
realized soul in the body.  Perhaps the closest is Kanchi Sankaracharya,
Sri Chandrasekhara Saraswathi, who shed in his body about a decade
and half back, at a ripe of age of 101!  No need to go to Garhwal or Timbuctoo, if such a realized soul wills, he will appear before you.
Do not run around. Stay put and read Ramana.   

owen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 12:40:31 AM »
Hiya paul, and everyone else, I'm a newbie, I wonder if you might be interested in a site I visit daily:  http://www.wayofthebird.com/Commentaries.htm
It's a "person" by the name of Andrew Vernon, whose spiritual search ended in 2002, after having taken initiation from Sri Ranjit Maharaj.
Sri Ranjit's Guru was Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj, who was also Sri Nisargadatta's Guru. So, naturally, his commentaries on the teachings of Sri Ranjit Maharaj are intrinsically the same as those of Sri Ramana Maharshi. There are 366 commentaries, one for each day of the year, and each month a different topic is considered.
 You can also buy a paperback book of the commentaries quite cheaply on Amazon. Andrew Vernon does not put "himself" forward as a Guru, but he does invite you to contact him. I've never done so myself, but I've considered it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:43:16 AM by owen »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
Dear Owen,  I shall try to find out Andrew Vernon's book.  But
as Bhagavan said:  What is the use of reading books endlessly,
when books are outside the Self, while the Self is within our
five sheaths.  Anyway, I am happy that the question whether to
call  Bhagavan Ramana as  -- " Bhagavan" is temporarily
ended.