Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana is Subrahmanya  (Read 1990 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Bhagavan Ramana is Subrahmanya
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »
In 1936, on account of filing of suit by Perumal Swami, quondam disciple of Bhagavan Ramana, claiming himself as the legitimate Sarvadikari of the Asramam, a Commission of Enquiry came to the Asramam to examine Bhagavan Ramana.  There were many questions for which Bhagavan Ramana answered.  In fact, when a lawyer devotee asked Him, whether the day's examination by Commission caused much strain, Bhagavan Ramana replied: I am not using my mind and there was no strain. Let them examine me for a thousand days, I do not mind." 

One of the questions was whether He was Siva. Bhagavan said that it is what people say.  When asked whether He was Subrahmanya,
He said: I am also That.  Bhagavan was shown a poem where in His own handwriting He had praised Himself as Subrahmanya.  This paper that had been given to Perumal Swami was produced by the Commission.  Bhagavan was asked: But do you not agree with the statement made in it?  Bhagavan replied: In the same way an idol is praised as Subrahmanya!

This poem is a splendid piece. It reads as:

Destroyer of darkness of nescience in the virtuous Cave Dweller,
Imperishable One, compact of Light, Sun eternal,
Wielder of the Javelin of Awareness, the son of Mother,
Ramana in the Heart Cave, Him let us adore!

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana, Boundless Ocean of Grace.
Volume No. 3. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai. Translation of the poem by Prof. K. Swaminathan.)

Arunachala Siva.   

matthias

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Ramana is Subrahmanya
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
Him let us adore
Him let us adore

he is the great guardian, the great home guide for me...

sometimes I sit and just say "please, please let me talk to bhagawan"

and then there is light and happiness inside of me...his grace is immidiate, when you beg and say please he is there...like a wink with the eye...

try it say " please, please let me speak to him in my heart" it will work because we are the loved ones, he loves us and will guide as safely home

vinita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »
everything merges into siva!

it is we who give names to deities...pray to different idols.

maybe the energy of each deity is different.

but i am interested to know more about bhagwan as subramanya....

is there not a ninth gopuram at the temple of mururga? 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:43:31 AM »
Dear vinita,

Bhagavan Ramana was visioned as Subrahmanya by Kavyakanta
Ganapati Sastri.  Sastri was always feeling happy that he is Ganapati and Bhagavan Ramana, is Subrahmanya, his younger brother!  In fact, Sastri is a few years older to Bhagavan Ramana.

Bhagavan Ramana Himself has identified as Subrahmanya in a few
stray verses.  While writing about Sri Ganesa in a poem, He has said, that he should take care of the food of his younger brother.  Perumal Swami's poem, I have given yesterday.

The concept of identifying Bhagavan Ramana as Skanda, Jnana Sambandha and Kumarila Bhatta started with Sri Ramana Gita of
Kavyakanta Ganapati Sastri.  Many devotees had also seen Him as
Subrahmanya.  Bhagavan Ramana used to say that He is everygod!

Murugnar has also written that He is Siva, Skanda, Narasimha, Vamana, Christ and Prophet Mohammed, in Sri Ramana Sannidhi Murai.

The ninth gopuara in Arunachaleswara Temple, has got a Muruga
shrine nearby.  It is at this place, Skanda appeared before Saint
Arunagiri Natha, during his debate with Poet Sambandan, in 16th
century.  At this Gopuara Subrahmanya temple, Bhagavan Ramana stayed for a few weeks, in His first year in Tiruvannamalai.  This is called Kambathu Ilaiyanar temple in Tamil, the shrine of the young One, who appeared in a pillar!  The famous song of Arunagiri Natha runs like this:  The Adisesha is dancing; the Kali is dancing; your
father is dancing with all spread over matted locks; your elder brother is dancing with his big belly;  Your tall uncle is dancing with his wife, your mother in law Lakshmi; Vani, Sarasvati is dancing on her white lotus; so is the fourheaded Brahma;  Why not you come and dance with your dancing peacock?

Muruga appeared with his peacock, as soon as the last line was sung!

Arunachala Siva.