Author Topic: Sakti Nipata (Descent of divine power)  (Read 1332 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Sakti Nipata (Descent of divine power)
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »
In the course of conversation, someone referred to the fact that when Mr. Brunton and a lady were walking home in the night, they saw a bright glow on half the Hill moving slowly and gently from North to South. 

Bhagavan said: This Hill is said to be Wisdom in visible shape.

Devotee: How is it visible to the physical eye?

Bhagavan: Jnana Sambandhar had sung: "The One who fascinated my heart or the captivator of my heart, I sing of Him in my mind."
The Heart is captivated, consequently the mind must have sunk into the Heart; and yet there is remembrance, which enables the Saint
to sing of God later.

Then the experience of a young disciple was mentioned in the Hall.
The young man educated and in good circumstances, in good health and sober mind, was once facing Bhagavan's picture in his home and meditating on the figure. The figure suddenly appeared animated with life, which threw the young man into a spasm of fear.  He called out his mother. His mother came and asked him what the matter was. His relatives who were perplexed by his appearance, surrounded him.  He was aware of their presence, but was still overpowered by a mysterious force, which he tried to resist. He became unconscious for a short time.  Fear seized him, as he regained consciousness.  The people became anxious and tried to bring him round with medicines.

When later he came to Tiruvannamalai, he had some foreboding of similar experience.  The proximity of Bhagavan Ramana prevented any untoward happening. But whenever he wandered away from the Hall, he found the force almost irresistible and himself in the grip of fear.

Bhagavan said:  "Is it so? No one told me this before."

A devotee then asked, if it was not Saktinipata, (Descent of divine power)?

Bhagavan:  Yes, it is. A madman clings to samskaras, where as a Jnani does not.  This is the only difference between the two. Jnana is madness of a kind.

Devotee:  But Saktinipata is said to occur in Karma-samya, that is when the merit and demerit are equal.

Bhagavan: Yes.  Malaparipaka, completion of the cooking of( the ego, karma and maya,) the malas, Saktinipata, descent of divine force,   Karma samya, equalization of good and bad merits, all  mean the same.

There is one holy name on Bhagavan Ramana, in Viswanatha Swami's 108 Holy names:

Om Maha Saktinipata Prabuddhaya Namah: 

Prostrations to the One who is fully awakened by the touch of the divine force!

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana, Boundless Ocean of Grace.
Volume No. 3. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.