Author Topic: J.M. Lorey  (Read 1740 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
J.M. Lorey
« on: February 01, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
An American gentleman by name Mr. J.M. Lorey, stayed in the
Asramam for more than two months in 1938.  He asked before leaving: "Master! I am leaving tonight.  It gives me great pains to tear myself away from this place. But I must go back to America.  I ask for a message from the Master.  The Master understands me even better than I do myself. So I pray for a message to keep me up when I am away from the Master."

Bhagavan Ramana: "The Master is not outside you, as you seem to imagine.  He is within, is in fact the Self. Recognize this truth. Seek within and find Him there.  Then yu will have constant communion
with Him. The message is always there. It is never silent. It can never forsake you.  Nor can you ever move away from the Master. The mind is outgoing. Because of that tendency it sees objects as being outside and the Master among them.  But the Truth is different.  The Master is the Self.  Turn the mind within and you will find the objects within. You will also realize that it is the Master,
who is your very Self and there is nothing but Him."

Mr. Lorey saluted Sri Maharshi with intense fervour, saying that he might be enabled to realize the Truth.

Bhagavan Ramana: "Is there any moment when you have not realized the Self. Can you ever be apart from the Self?  You are always That."..... " If you surrender yourself to the Higher Power.
All is well.  That Power sees your affairs through."

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana. Boundless Ocean of Grace. Volume 3.
Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.