Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1373 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:53:15 PM »
On 26th December 1936, a Swiss lady described a photism she had
to Bhagavan Ramana.  While she was sitting with her eyes wide open, she saw Bhagavan's face becoming cherub-like and draped in glorious flowers.  She was drawn in love towards that child-like face.

Bhagavan Ramana:  The vision is in your mind.  Your love is the cause. Paul Brunton saw me as a giant figure, you saw me like a child. Both are visions.

(The lady said: Paul Brunton asked me if I had any spiritual experiences here, and I denied it.  Now this happens.)

Bhagavan: Do not be deceived by visions.

the Lady: If one is miles away in Europe and invokes your aid....

Bhagavan:  Where is Europe?  It is in you.

the Lady:  I have come here. I would like Maharshi to come there.
(Saying it, she laughed gently. There was silence for some minutes.)

Bhagavan: You see the physical body and so you find limitations.  Time and Space operate on this plane. So long as you think of the gross body there will be differences found as different bodies.  On the other hand, knowledge of the real Maharshi will set all doubts at rest.

Are you in India now?  Or is India in you.  Even now this notion that you are in India is in you.  In order to verify it, look to your sleep. Did you feel that you were in Europe or in India while asleep?  You nevertheless existed then the same as now.

Space is in you.  The physical body is in Space, but not You.

the Lady then asked:  Is it an advantage or a disadvantage to see
visions like this?

Bhagavan:  It is an advantage.

Bhagavan afer some more clarifications remarked:

Visions are better than no visions. They get interested that way.
They do not take to foreign ideas. When once they do it, they stick on.  So much for their merits.

Bhagavan later referred to Sivaprakasam Pilla's vision.  "Visions are not external.  They appear only internally. If external, they must assert themselves without there being a seer. In that case, what is the warranty for their existence?  The seer only."

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana. Boundless Ocean of Grace. Volume 3.
Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.