Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1297 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »
Viswanatha Swami who came to Bhagavan Ramana first in 1921,
at Skandasramam writes:

At the first darshan of Bhagavan Ramana, I saw in Him something
quite arresting which clearly distinguished Him from all others
I had seen.  He seemed to live apart from the physical frame,
quite detached from it.  His look and smile had a remarkable spiritual charm. When He spoke, words seemed to come out of an abyss. One could see immaculate purity and non attachment in Him and His
movements.  In His vincinity the mind's distractions were overpowered by an austere and potent calmsness.  In His Presence the unique bliss of peace was directly exprienced.  This, I could call Ramana Lahari.

When I first saw Bhagavan, He was standing on the open space in front of the ashram building.  The very sight of Him thrilled me.  Something very subtle, seemingly with its centre in that body, shone forth, without limitation, engulfing everything else. Needless to say that I felt swallowed up by it.

Finding that I knew a little Sanskrit, Bhagavan asked me to take a copy of Sri Ramana Gita and give it to my father.  However it was only at the end of 1922, that I myself happened to go through the thrilling verses in praise of Bhagavan Ramana that comprise the eighteenth chapter of Sri Ramana Gita.... It was the reading of Sri
Ramana Gita, at this critical juncture of my life, that made me decide that my spritual future lay with Bhagavan.

I returned to Bhagavan for good on the evening of January 2nd

(Source: The Power of the Presence. David Godman. Volume 2.)

Arunachala Siva.