Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 3859 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 27, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
V. Kameswara Rao was a Telugu gentleman who did not know Tamil. One day he had a dream, where an old man with a short white beard
blessed him with His benign and radiant smile.  He had read earlier B.V. Narasimha Swami's book Self Realization, on Bhagavan Ramana. He decided that only Bhagavan Ramana had come in his dream. He went to Tiruvannamalai that very day.  He saw Bhagavan and also had lunch in the Asramam.  Rao was a government servant
and he had to learn a second language.  He decided to take the exam in Tamil.  He told before leaving that he needed Bhagavan Ramana's blessings for the success in the exam. Bhagavan said in Tamil,
"Do not worry." He advised him to take Who am I? in Tamil, English and Telugu and read it with the help of a Tamil tutor. 

Back home, he started reading Tamil with the help of a tutor. He passed the exam.  In February 1949, his eldest son had a severe attack of small pox and doctors had lost hope. The idea came to him to ask for Bhagavan's blessings and he immediately wrote a letter and sent it to the Asramam. A few days later, his friend brought prasad from Asramam.  His son got quite well sooner.  Even though he did not specifcally mention about his son's small pox attack, the reply came from Asramam where it was stated, "Bhagavan's blessings for your child laid with pox." (!)

In 1950, he went to the Asramam, for Bhagavan's Mahasamadhi ceremonies.  He strongly felt along with thousands of others, that Bhagavan could be physically no more, but He ever lived in their hearts.  He liked very much Osborne's words:

" I give people what they want in the hope that they will begin
to want what I want to give them!"

(Source: Fragrant Petals. An anthology. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.   

Vinod

• View Profile
Re: Miracles Do Happen
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

Greetings for the day!

I have a question here....... I understand the fact that nobody can change the fate, for example there is a person who is suffering from incurable decease and death is inevitable than in that case is it foolish to pray that "god please save him" (as nothing can undo his death) or just wait for the fate to take its action and then pray to god "may the soul RIP"

I read a lovely short story on cow Lakshmi and wondering whether our master prayed to Arunachala during her last few moments. My intuition says that he did not, as he was aware that Lakshmi's time was over and it has to leave its body and like wise when death is inevitable is there any need for us to pray for more life? If yes why?

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:19:15 PM by vinod526 »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
Dear vinod,

Sri Bhagavan never prayed either for Cow Lakshmi or for His Mother Azhagamma. He definitely did not pray for His own terminal
illness to be cured. But His Gaze of compassion made their sufferings bearable by them. He did further work in the case of Mother
Azhagmma by placing His hands on her chest and head so that all her vasanas could be removed and the breath / mind would merge
in the Self within.

However, on an earlier occasion, during one of her earlier visits, when Mother Azhagamma suffered pneumonia and was in a serious
condition, He prayed to Arunachala in verses for her recovery!  It is with the reason that He should give her deliverance at a later stage,
when Mother Azhagamma had to be given liberation.  These songs are quite nice and I shall soon give these verses in English.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »
Dear vinod,

THIS IS THE ONLY OCCASION IN WHICH SRI BHAGAVAN PRAYED FOR SOME ONE ELSE TO GET RELIEVED FROM SUFFERING OR
IMPENDING DEATH.  HE NEVER PRAYED ANYTHING FOR HIMSELF AT ANY TIME.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »
Dear vinod,

This incident of Mother Azhagmma suffering from pneumonia happened in 1914 in one of her visits to Sri Bhagavan. Sri Bhagavan
composed the following verses:

1. O the Hill that has risen as concrete medicine and removes all the births that come as waves! O Master! My Mother is living
with Your Feet as the sole refuge. Please remove her sufferings and take over her as your servitor, it is your duty.

2. She gave birth to me. She did not give birth to me only to become the food for God of Death.  Please show her Your
lotus like feet and if done, how can God of Death come to her?

3. O Arunachala the Fire of Jnana! You must make Her body as Fire of Jnana. After making her body as Fire of Jnana, You make
her Your servitor! Why should make to light a funeral fire for her?

4. O Hill who can remove all delusions of devotees! Why this delay in removing the delusion of my Mother? Is there a Mother in
this world who can remove such delusions excepting  You? Is there any other Mother other than you for such a feat?

Sri Bhagavan always referred to Arunachala as His Father. Here He calls the Hill as Mother.

Mother Azhagamma got well soon and returned to Manamadurai.

She came for good to Sri Bhagavan in 1916. She stayed with Echammal for some months and when Sri Bhagavan moved to
Skandasramam, she joined Him. She lived with Him for 6 years and in 1922, she merged with Arunachala!

(Source: Sri Ramana and Mother - A.R. Natarajan, Ramana Maharshi Centre for Learning, Bangalore.)

Arunachala Siva.         

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

Thank you for taking us in to the past and also for sharing the prayer recited by our master.

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!