Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1513 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:34:48 AM »
Sri P.L.N Sharma was a Gandhian who was working in cooperative
movements in Tamil Nadu.  He went to Tiruvannamalai along with other workers and met Bhagavan Ramana.  Bhagavan Ramana was in the Hall.  The hall was full of silence, serenity and peace.  The workers who had come with Sharma asked a number of questions about untouchability, social activities etc.,  On the fourth day, when
Sharma was alone, he wanted to ask a question to Bhagavan Ramana. He wanted to rise from his seat a number of times, but could not succeed.  Finally, he stood up and asked Him: "Bhagavan!
my mind does not obey me. It  wanders as it likes and lands me into trouble. Be merciful to me and tell me clearly how to bring it under control."

Bhagavan Ramana turned to him and looked at him affectionately.
He then spoke to him most kindly and His words sparkled with
meaning.  "All religious and spiritual practices have no other purpose other than getting the mind under control.  Nishkamya Karma, devotion and knowledge aim at this and this alone....  The path of devotion is the easiest of all.  Meditate on Gor or on some mental or material image of Him. This will slow down your mind and it will be controlled of its own accord."

Somehow, Sharma felt satsified and thre was deep peace in him.

(Source: Arunachala's Ramana. Boundless Ocean of Grace. Volume 3. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.