Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1443 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:29:55 PM »
Dr. M. Hafiz Syed was a scholar in Muslim faith and was also interested in Theosophy.  In 1935, he got a copy of A Search
in Secret India, of Paul Brunton, through his friend.  After reading that book, he became interested in meeting Sri Maharshi.  He visited
Him in 1936.  But his visit during 1937 became momentous.  Within a few days of reaching the Asramam, he took seriosly ill and was permitted to stay in one of the rooms in the Asramam. He had high fever and his eyes were affected.  During that time, Bhagavan Ramana used to visit him, three times a day in his room and He
once prepared wheat upma and gave it to him, with His own hands!
While parting for Madras, Dr. Syed took hold of Bhagava's toes and touched his eyes. There was sufficient guarantee in his heart, that
his eye sight would not fail him. After he returned to Madras, he felt that his visit to Sri Ramanasramam, had a purifying effect on his
life.  He met Bhagavan Ramana in 1939 again and from 1943, he never missed a year to meet Him.  When once, he remarked from an article that he was reading to Bhagavan Ramana: "The more a person is spiritual, the more he is human."  Bhagavan Ramana assented.

He also said once: I find that all are equal here, (Asramam). You
have established an equality among all.  I dined with you and others.  If I should tell this to my people in U.P. they would not believe it.   The Brahmins there would not drink water with me, nor chew pan with me. But here you have taken me and others like me in your fold. Though Gandhi is striving hard, he cannot bring about such a state in the country.  I am very happy in your presence."

Bhagavan Ramana simply smiled.

(Source: Fragrant Petals. An anthology.  Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.