Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1738 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:48:25 AM »
Robert Moore was born in Australia.  At the age of 12, one day when he stood in front of the mirror and saw his own image staring at him
like a stranger and he asked deep within:  "What is this shell, this
cocoon which houses so many emotions, thoughts, and far deeper something which observes all this, as a detached spectator?  What am I? Who am I?"

This sequences before the mirror persisted for several weeks, each time the mirror was confronted.  But being born in Australia, with the western teachings of god who reigned above somewhere and apart from his devoteess and could only be reached, through earnest attendance at church and Sunday school and threatened Hell's fire for any breach of His teaching; this lad did not follow this line of enquiry for some years afterwards.

In his 34th year, cancer was detected in his system, and he was told that if the affliction became active, death could result in 24 hours.
Instead of panic, there immediately arose in him the question: "If I die, what is left?  What spiritual advancement this soul made? Who am I?  What really dwells within?"  The only answer he could find was that the sould or spirit would leave the body behind, like a beautiful butterfly leaving an empty cocoon as a shell and nothing more, not knowing what happened to it.

In his 37th year, this man set Marie, a devout disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi.  This was not man meeting woman, but soul meeting soul, and at long last, someone who felt as he felt, enquired as he had enquired, and could answer through Bhagavan all.

Then he came to Ramanasramam.  To come to Ramanasramam is to
come home.

Now this man of 42 years, thanks Bhagavan for ever for the many blessings, he has been receiving the complete peace of mind and spirit, the miracle of this body; the wonder of nature, everything within and without and above all His Grace.

I feel for ever humble that this man is being shown the path the one desire left now (I know there should be no desire, but then I am not yet perfect) is to be perfect and one with the Absolute.

This body may travel back to Australia but the heart remains with Arunachala at the Feet of Bhagavan.

(Source: Fragrant Petals. An anthology.  Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.