Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1621 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:34:51 AM »
Ms. Edith Maston, was an Australian, a devout Christian and was reading the Bible, from younger days.  She came to Tiruvannamalai and after meeting Bhagavan Ramana, she found out that the truths
which Jesus taught had become living Truth.  She says:  Jesus
Christ has said: " Those who are laboured and heavy laden, come unto me and I shall thee rest!"  In what way is this different from the teachings of Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi, who says: "Surrender to Me and cast your burden on the Lord and My Grace will do the rest!"

She felt that the Gospels in the New Testament could be compared to the teachings of the Maharshi and in that process, one could see the utter clarity of Bhagavan's teachings, which leave no room for doubt or confusion as to their true meaning.  She also said that the Biblical quotation of 'the Kingdom of God is within you,' is the same as Bhagavan Ramana's statement: "Search within you for the true Self."

Such was the power of the Being and such also the effect of the presence of the Being, we call Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi!

Ms. Edith Mason lived her life as a true Christian as well as a devotee of Bhagavan Ramana, finding no difference between the two!

(Source: Fragrant Petals, An Anthology. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai. )

Arunachala Siva.