Author Topic: Miracles Do Happen  (Read 1406 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Miracles Do Happen
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:56:27 AM »
Mr. R.O. Aminu, is a Muslim, who was living in Nigeria and was fifty two years old when he told this story:

" My parents brought me up as a devoted follower of the faith, 
I was born into.  This was shown by my ability, that due to the
Grace of God, to complete the Quran-reciting, by the age of 15
years. This was unusual even in those days as the normal age then
to finish the Quran was between 25 to 30 years.  Later on in life,
after the secondary education I began to ponder about the assertion
of Muslim leaders who told us that you have to keep certain rules
otherwise you will end up in hell after death where one's body will
be consumed by fire. These utterances of 'moulvi' made me dis-
illusioned about the truth of their preaching and this was made
worse by the fate that although i cold recite the whole Quran by
memory, I did not understand its meaning.  In fact there was no
translation of Quran into English or Yoruba in those days. Millions
of people in Nigeria are Muslims and less than 10% understand
Arabic. This may be termed a blind faith but it works.

"Due to Sri Maharshi's Grace, I was privileged to come across a
monk in 1959 written by Yogi Ramacharaka entitled Fourteen
Lessons of Yoga.  The contents of these lessons made a profound
impression on my mind, particularly the realization that plants,
animals and the human beings possess one 'life force' or God.
From then on I started reading different Yoga books. Then I began
to see that orthodox religions -- Islam, Christianity and Hinduism
--- teach the same truth that the Kingdom of God is within them,
not up in the clouds and that we are punished by our own sins or
karma not by God at all.

"However due to my desire to find out more about life, I became
an Infinite Way student and studied the teaching of Joel Goldsmith in 1964. I was attracted to the Infinite Way thrugh the book called
Contemplative Life. The regular reading of the monthly letters and
constant meditation enabled me to realize forthe first time that the Truth which all of us are searching for is within our own Consciousness.

"In 1964 I read about The Mountain Path in the Infinite Way monthly letters and I immediately became a Life Subscriber and since that time I have been receiving regularly The Mountain Path, including the early copies of 1964.

"I found the articles I read in it very illuminating but very difficult to follow the teaching of Bhagavan and the method of self enquiry,
"Who am I?".  In 1965 I ordered The Teachings of Ramana Maharshi in His Own Words, by Osborne, and studied it in order to follow his teaching, but I found that much as I desired to understand the message, I still preferrred the Infinite Way method.  I continued to meditate regularly and listened to the inner voice by using the mantra as taught by the Master of the Infinite Way, by reciting, " I and my Father are one, the ground where I stand is holy ground, all that the Father has is mine."  During this time, I found an improvement in my attitude towards life.  This pleased me but I failed to hear the small voice until four years later when during my waking and deep sleep I felt a strange vibrating sensation all over my body and heard a clear voice telling me "Not by might, not by power but by my Grace."  This condition was very strange and elating.  When I got up I felt that a big load had been removed from me and for a few days I was in a very happy and contented mood. I would have loved to have more such experiences but unfortunately in spite of my regular meditation by Infinite Way method there was no recurrence.

" After a few months, to be precise about four moinths ago, I dreamt and saw Bhagavan. I sat in front of Him and He asked me whether I am ready to follow His teaching now which I confirmed.  The dream was brief but when I woke up I felt very happy that at last I have
been initiated and accepted by Bhagavan. My wife who was following the Infinite Way method has also suddenly become attracted to Bhagavan's teaching.

" My experience as stated above has clearly shown to me that the
Maharshi guides His devotees slowly untile their soul is ripe enough
to embrace His teachings, which is the highest, wholeheartedly.
May the Grace of Bhagavan continue to guide us."

(Source: Fragrant Petals. Sri Ramanasramam, Tiruvannamalai.)

Arunachala Siva.