Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 935066 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #5460 on: September 22, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
Quote from Sri Ravi:
"By the 'will of Rama' we are doing fine...yes,I have not been posting anything here for sometime now...not because someone has 'offended' my sensibilities and certainly not you!...No brother...perhaps I have shared enough ...perhaps not even that!...There was no inner prompting to do so."

Dear Sri Ravi,

Thanks so much, dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb. I became a little despondent seeing your prolonged absence from the forum, and I thought that, may be, something said here might not have gone down well with you.

So, my will synchronized with Sri Rama's Will and bhai saheb came!   

Quote:
"What is the essence of spiritual sadhana?...Is it not to drop the sense of 'doership' ? Any effort that strengthens the 'doership' and perpetuates it is counterproductive...so,the very first step in awakening is to realize that sadhana is something that gets done (and this is the breeze of Grace that carries one)...
So,the very nature of so called 'Effort'  is quite different than what is understood in worldly parlance...and the paradox is that although effort is called for, effort keeps one off the mark!...until the effort and struggle is transmuted to one of pure yearning and Shraddha...and it is this shraddha that is the very essence of Sadhana...and this yearning and  shraddha arises through the causeless Grace of the Divine...
There is absolutely no new 'insight' that one has to gain ...it is always the same...that only the crying baby gets its milk...yearning and shraddha are the very essence of sadhana and satsangha is the only way to discover this in ourselves."

Yes, I have not missed the profundity of what you have said as above. The idea of 'doership' is concomitant with the 'I am this physical body' idea. So yes, beautifully said bhai saheb: 'any effort or the sadhana that strengthens the 'doership' is counterproductive? and is not helpful.
Dear Sri Ravi, I have always known, even before knowing Him as the Guru-tattva watching and guiding from within, that a sadhana devoid of Shradha, yearning and love is dry and mechanical, and therefore, cannot take one far in the realm of spirituality.

Thanks very much, dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb.
Pranam,
 Anil   

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:04:36 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: September 22, 2018, 08:11:48 PM »
Anilbhai,
Thanks for your loving response.
" I became a little despondent seeing your prolonged absence from the forum, and I thought that, may be, something said here might not have gone down well with you.
So, my will synchronized with Sri Rama's Will and bhai saheb came! "

Everything happens by 'the will of Rama' indeed...the 'my will' is also 'will of Rama' only...This is how Sri Ramakrishna puts it:
"Suppose you are cooking rice in a pot, with potato, egg-plant, and other vegetables. After a while the potatoes, eggplant, rice, and the rest begin to jump about in the pot. They seem to say with pride: 'We are moving! We are jumping!' The children see it and think the potatoes, egg-plant, and rice are alive and so they jump that way. But the elders, who know, explain to the children that the vegetables and the rice are not alive; they jump not of themselves, but because of the fire under the pot; if you remove the burning wood from the hearth, then they will move no more. Likewise the pride of man, that he is the doer, springs from ignorance. Men are powerful because of the power of God. All becomes quiet when that burning wood is taken away. The puppets dance well on the stage when pulled by a wire, but they cannot move when the wire snaps".

The Yearning and Shraddha are themselves the sadhana...this is the gist of the previous post...not that sadhana is to be done with yearning and shraddha.This must be familiar ground for you.
Namaskar.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: September 23, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,
The parables, simple tales and anecdotes that Sri Paramhamsa and Sri Bhagwan narrated to drive home their Message were really wonderful.  Yes, how beautiful! If God-essence is withdrawn, If the Life is withdrawn, we know only too well what happens to the body-mind complex! The body is not allowed to be kept in the house, and even near and dear ones feel that they got polluted by merely touching it. Before coming to Sri Bhagwan I used to wonder as to why the man does what they do, amassing wealth, running after material things, always hankering for more even though they may be possessing an estate. It's all Rama's Will! And Rama's Will alone will maake them see the error of their ways.   

Quote:
"The Yearning and Shraddha are themselves the sadhana...this is the gist of the previous post...not that sadhana is to be done with yearning and shraddha."

Yes, bhai saheb, as I see it now in retrospect, I find that the yearning took me to Sri Bhagwan, and deep Sraddha enabled me to realize His Grace in the heart. And believe me, after coming to Sri Bhagwan, the existential question 'Who really Am I?' arose involuntarily, of its own accord, and I heard its echo deep within, even before I knew much about Him and the Inquiry, for I had read only the small booklet 'Who Am I?' till then.   I have always known myself as a devotee only, rather than a seeker, who pursues his Guru's Teaching invoking His Presence, that is,  seeking to remain as 'I Am' in the Now.

Thanks very much, Dear Sri Ravi bhai saheb, for a very beautiful post.
Pranam,
  Anil 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:31:24 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: September 24, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »
Don't regard the abidance in the 'I am' as a part-time activity. You must have a life-long commitment to get yourself established in it.
At all times keep moving back to the 'I am', your source, and do not let anything divert or distract you from this.
The 'I am' in its absolute purity is the infinite and formless, so when you abide in it you discover the infinite eye of the Self.
If you can hold on to the knowledge ?I am? at all times, no further practice or initiation will be necessary.
Sri Annamalai Swami

The intensity with which you meditate "I am' will take you to your real Self as there is nothing else other than it.
To constantly mediate 'I am' is the only way. If this is not continuous enough the other part of the mind becomes predominant.
If you become irreversibly established in the 'I am' you will never know ignorance again.
The 'I am' is present in all and not confined only to those who follow this particular teaching and Guru.
Sri Annamalai Swami
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:26:04 PM by eranilkumarsinha »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: September 24, 2018, 11:21:31 PM »
If you can hold on to the knowledge ?I am? at all times, no further practice or initiation will be necessary.
Sri Annamalai Swami

That sums up everything . Thanks for sharing this quote of AS Anij
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:00:37 AM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: September 25, 2018, 12:24:04 PM »
Sri Robert Adams
What we use here sometimes which is a very good beginning is the I-am meditation. You relax your body and you inhale and you say, "I", and you exhale and you say, "am, I-am." You can do this while you're waking, while you're walking, while you're washing dishes, while you're resting. What it does is it makes your mind one pointed, so it'll stop thinking. In other words, you use whatever method you have to, to still your mind. The whole secret is to quiet your mind, to keep it from thinking, to keep it from being active. Your mind is a bunch of waves. You want to stop the waves and you want your mind to become still and the fastest way to do that is by self-inquiry or by observing your thoughts, watching your thoughts, becoming the witness to your thoughts.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:23 PM »
Dear Sri Atmavichar, yes, if an aspirant can hold on to the 'KNOWLEDGE 'I AM'' always (duration will increase with practice), indeed nothing more is needed, for can there a be greater Portal, which is always palpable, to the Atma-swarupa or the Being? However, it is worth mention here that 'I Am' is not a thought, or an intellectual construct of  mere two words. It is Knowledge. And therefore we are being asked to be that Knowledge, that is, to be one with the Knowledge 'I Am'. Thank you.

Pranam
 Anil