Author Topic: jnani and brahma jnani  (Read 2399 times)

ramanaduli

• View Profile
jnani and brahma jnani
« on: October 13, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »
Dear Subrahmaniyan ji

When an ordinary man starts his journey on atma vichara is called jnani. And when he realised in all the 3 stages of life, i.e.
in waking, sleeping and deep sleep is called brahma jnani. Suppose jnani when  in waking stage is leading his life with full awarness of his consiousness. But he has not achieved in his deep sleep and his prana leaves his body. He does not have any vasanas in his waking stage. Will he have another birth?

My 2nd question is what is "pancha prana?  I read "Self" is everywhere, Does it exist without body? Without body can it exist
My 3rd question is , with in me I feel that, I know this and I do not know that. So there is somebody there who acknowledges. Is that things called "IS" self, consiousness. and witness. In tamil it is called "ARIVU" Eshwara is called "PER ARIVU. Am I right? It is there always. but it is covered by my impurity of mind. Is it so , Can you explain to me?

ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: jnani and brahma jnani
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:17:56 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,

Regarding, pancha prana, it means five airs, prana, apana etc.,
It is mentioned in Who am I?

Regarding a Self-conscious janani leaving his prana in sleep...
I do not know the answer.

Regarding, arivu and perarivu, the first denotes the empirical knowledge
of worldly mattes including scriptural knowledge.  But the second,
is Brahman.

Self is without body, coceptually speaking.  It is only existence, knowledge and bliss.  But since, Self is everything and there is nothing beyond it,
it should include body too.

Arunachala Siva.     

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
Dear Ramanaduli,
                      Once the awareness is established in waking state it is also established in dreaming and deep sleep states.It is only a question of time.
In viveka chudamani it was written that though a man is having self-knowledge,if there is no Sada apramada(uninterrupted self awareness) he may
fall back and he may have another birth.So single incident of self-knowledge does not confer one freedom from cycle of birth and death which is commonly
called wheel of samsara.

The relation between self and body is like electicity and bulb,mind being the tungstein filament in the bulb.Electricity is manifested as light
because of the filament and the bulb.If the power supply to the bulb is stopped due to any cause like fuse problem or problem in wiring
light is not manifest through bulb but existence to electricity which is an unseen energy is not interfered with.So existence of light in the bulb is dependent
on electricity but existence of electricity is not dependent on bulb.

The entity that feels i know this,i do not know that is mind which imagines itself as self conscious being and body at the same time.
The witnessor is reflected consciousness(abhasa) and witnessed are objects either inside or outside.In this state there is the duality
of witnessor and the witnessed.This is not the ultimate state.In the ultimate state of self conscious being there is primal unicity of
awareness in which there is no notion of one is aware.It is just "amnes".
pvssnraju

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »
Dear Subrahmaniyan ji, and Raju ji

Thanks for your kind and worthy clarification. I was having all wrong meanings all those days. This is the problem with the self taught. After sending the post I went to read manollasa where you explained about the 5 pranas. I typed the 2nd mail about 5 prana, by that time my internet got disconnected. I have to chew this points slowly like a cow.

Thanking you,

ramanaduli