Author Topic: No need to pacify the mind  (Read 27745 times)

SANKAR

• View Profile
Re: No need to pacify the mind
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 10:39:45 AM »
Dear sirs,

We have to control our mind and thoughts.
Surrender to the guru with full faith and fight within to do nothing.
Do everything to do nothing and to remain as self in silence.
when time comes all will be settled; let us just be as it is and observe silently the show of prarabdha and not get involved in it.
Let us not react to any actions and remain as silent observer in silence. Let the things run as it is with out involvement.

SIVA SIVA
KANNAN MEERA SANKAR

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »
Dear srkudai

I think it is your experience not to  pacify the mind straightway .You can dwell on your "self" It is true. What I am saying that,
for beginers it is not possible who does not sit infront of bhrahma janani.  I read that the mind is like an elephan's trunk which always move and catch something. Therefore the mahoot will give one stick and the elephant will catch hold tightly and never wander for other object. In the same way when our mind is geting agitated  we have to pacify it, we can do japa dhyan etc. etc. I agree with you, that it is not the final solution. It will be calm for little while. Again mind will get agitated for another thing. So there is only way to be as a witness and not to do any attempt to pacify the mind.
Here I want to admit myself, when I came to know we are the witness and we should be in witness stage. I wrongly understood. I used to witness everything not to loose any thing. If I feel something is going to be wrong I used to search for the solution with the help of mind. and get happiness for not having any loss or any abuse.
Here I want to say, if we would be witness for every thing, then what about INTELLIGENCE. Is not necessary for our daily life. comments please.

Ramanaduli

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »
Dear udai

Thanks for the reply. But some time mind may say correct thing also na? Supposing when I drive the car, suddenly I may take wrong route that time from back of my mind I will realise and drive correctly.. Is the mind only giving alertness.? So for good thing also we need mind otherwise we will be insane. What I am saying is unless we have the intellegence how we classify which is wrong and right. Once we get the wrong thing still our mind wants to do then it is correct not to pacify the mind. Is not it?

Ramanaduli

gangajal

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 10:47:52 PM »
Dear Subramanian ji,
                 :)

Cleaning mind is definitely not making it calm.
Cleaning the mind is Understanding that i am the Self, and living it out! until the understanding sinks deep enough to be practical for me. That alone is cleaning mind: Associating "I" with Self, Consciousness.

Anything else is not.

Love!
Silence

Dear Silence,

Cleaning the mind makes it calm. Cleaning the mind is not Understanding that i am the Self.
Cleaning the mind is absolutely necessary but not sufficient. Unless the Atman chooses you, you will not have the
Self experience. However, without cleansing of the mind Atman will not choose you.

Those who ignore the cleansing of the mind end up like Jiddu Krishnamurthy. I think JK not
only did not reach the stage of chittasuddhi but he did not have even  bhutashuddhi. JK was not
fit for Jnana marga.

Regards

Gangajal

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
Dear gangajal,
                   What is the cleansing agent of the mind?Can the mind clean itself?

What is the entity that is so much concerned about chitta suddhi and Bhuta Sudhi of JK and deciding that he is not eligible for Jnana marga?Those who are interested in "who am i" enquiry should go to the source of the entity that is crticising the others.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
Dear srkudai, Ramanaduli and Gangajal,

Yesterday I did not reply srkudai, straightaway, because I wanted
others to give their views.  Cleaning the mind is necessary, since,
first we have to remove the encumberances, to find it fit for the
Self.  The term Chitta-suddhi, involves "suddham", the cleaning and
making it neat and tidy.  It is like a servant making the house neat,
before the Master comes in.  It is not that Master is away, but he is
always there in us, but, he should be happy to have a clean house.

Reg. JK, I have already written in this Forum.  He needed a December,
chill climate in Madras, for him to give his lectures!  He needed an
airconditoned villa for him to stay in Vasanta Vihar, in Adyar, Madras.
Then finally there is saying in Tiruk Kural, a Tamil book of ethics,
written by Tiruvalluvar, about 2000 years back.  He said:  A man's
fitness would be known only by what he left behind after his death.
JK left behind him a lot of controversy, including his 'questionable'
relationship with his student's wife, Ms. Rosalind Rajagopal.  An
authentic article came after his demise in news papers.  On that
day, I bundled all his books and threw them away into my attic!
In Othello  Iago tells about the hero, " Mere prattle without
practice is all his soldiership!"  This fits well for JK.

Arunachala Siva.        

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »
Dear Subrahmaniyan ji, srkudai,

Thanks for giving explaination. As srkudai says, the person at first should be a good seeker. As Subrahmaniyan says, the seeker should clean his citta. Again srkudai says how to clean, by having faith, discriminating, analizing, compassion.Now I understood, doing japa and dyan is not the end. Yesterday again I read Who am I. Bhagavan clearly mentioned This pranayama all other tips only helps to some extent. but it is not the end. THIS PRACTICE IN SRKUDAI'S WORDS IS  'NO NEED TO PACIFY THE MIND' instead look into the mind. What I feel if our prarabtha is good then we would not fall into the wrong guru. But it is our great Punyam, we now got a correct guru "Bhagavan" and the correct path i.,e. vichara marga. and good forum where the real seekers utilize and clarify the doubts. This is all Bhagavan's grace only. As subrahmaniyan ji says, the more we read "who am I" more we know our self. The problem, is already I accumulated unwanted, wrong understanding in my mind. So when I read Bhagavan's teachings, it looks as though I understood all but later on it is nothing. Unless I read repeatedly my mind never leaves me.  Once again I thank both of you.

Ramanaduli

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 08:27:37 PM »
Dear srkudai, Plugging  the leaks, removing the dirt slags after water
had evaporated, removing the unwanted furniture and garbage, sweeping the room, refixing a fused mercury bulb, repairing the non-revolving fan, throwing out the old newspapers, giving away their old clothes to the poor, giving the unused medicines and spectacles to some NGO, tearing off the old unwanted letters and throwing them to the dustbin, all are 'cleaning'.

Arunachala Siva.   

ramanaduli

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 09:15:26 PM »
Dear sir

These cleaning is like doing before deevali or pongal, along with it, the house needs daily routine also.
Can I call it "NIdhidhyasam"  fixing on self only.

Ramanaduli

gangajal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 11:35:36 PM »
Dear gangajal,
                   What is the cleansing agent of the mind?Can the mind clean itself?

What is the entity that is so much concerned about chitta suddhi and Bhuta Sudhi of JK and deciding that he is not eligible for Jnana marga?Those who are interested in "who am i" enquiry should go to the source of the entity that is crticising the others.

Dear DRPVSSNRAJU,
       The cleansing agent of the mind is kundalini shakti. The mind is not cleaning itself.

The entity, "that is so much concerned about chitta suddhi and Bhuta Sudhi of JK and deciding that he is not eligible for Jnana marga",
is the lingasarira which consists of manas, buddhi, chitta and ahamkara. Lingasarira is the Atman bound by the eight fetters.

I felt reading your post that you are upset with my criticism of jk. Subramanian has already given his reason for throwing out jk's books.
I merely want to add that jk also forced his lover to abort a fetus. I have not attained chittasuddhi but I have not yet descended to that level.

Gangajal

gangajal

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 11:39:03 PM »
Dear Silence,
      Subramanian has explained very ably the necessity for cleaning of the mind. I have nothing to add to what he has written!

Gangajal

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 09:58:58 AM »
Dear Ramanaduli, Gangajal, Dr. Raju and srkudai,

Kundalini or Raja marga is one of the methods of cleaning the mind.
There are other methods under Bhakti and Karma margas.

I believe that we should stop this ping-pong game of whether plugging
or cleaning is the real cleaning.  It is for etymologists to battle out
the roots of these words and do the boxing in the ring.  I have given
my views and srkudai has given his views.  Both may be correct.
Nevertheless, I do not want to have the last laugh!

Arunachala Siva.     

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »
Dear gangajal,
                   I am not upset by your comments on JK,you have got every freedom to comment anybody.But my purpose of posting to you is different.
Judging,evaluating others divert our attention from doing self-enquiry and during sadhana period it is not advisable.I feel that better we utilise
the available time for self-enquiry because life is short and time is highly precious.
pvssnraju

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 11:13:20 AM »
Dear Gangajal and Dr. Raju, No bad blood please, between any two of us.
I have got every right to air my views, but at the same time, I have
no right to obstruct others from giving their views.  Every Jnani's
worth is known by what he is left behind him.  And that is all.
Someone wrote in some other blog, "There is no self realized soul,
after Saradamma and that was in 1979"  I became indignant.
Who is he to say that there is no Jnani after 1979?  No Jnani
goes around with a placard around his neck stating that he is
a Brahma Jnani.  I met one sadhu in Seshadri Swami Asram in
Tiruvannamalai recently.  He was singing songs from Tiruvachakam,
with a melting heart in mornings and evenings.   That is the book which I like most.   He did not accept any monetary gift from anybody.  Some gave fruits for him and that is all.  I felt that he is a Jnani.  But who am I to say?  Some others may say that he is only a singing vagabond.
He does not care for either view.  Is it not?

Arunachala Siva.   

DRPVSSNRAJU

• View Profile
    • BE AS YOU ARE
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 12:05:14 PM »
Dear srkudai,
                 I agree totally with you that we have to go to the root of problem to find the solution for it,there is no use of just pruning the leaves,
they will come up again in no time.
pvssnraju