Author Topic: Ramana Ashram  (Read 38612 times)

Balaji

• View Profile
Re: Ramana Ashram
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »
Sri Ramana Maharshi Life Story, with original footage of Sri Ramana. Government of India production, 1980, English commentary. Here is a link .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VX94rflmkk
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 01:09:57 AM »
Navarathiri at Ramanashramam

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »
Ashram has designed an android App to teach how to chant Aksharamanamalai. You can download the App here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ramana.learntochantaksharamanamalai

Akshramanamalai was born in the supreme divine Love that Ramana Maharshi experienced in an extremely intense and spontaneous way towards Arunachala, This hymn embodies the potent grace of Ramana Maharshi and is a very rare gift bestowed on humanity. Everyone who chants this hymn will be filled with joy and overcome mental delusions and sorrows. Since not knowing Tamil is a barrier for most people in chanting this hymn, this app will patiently teach English and Tamil speakers how to chant the verses one by one. The meaning of each verse is included so that the prayer behind each verse is clear. The time spent in learning this hymn is well worth it. Arunachala Siva's grace will operate on those who learn and chant even a single verse correctly. Regular chanting of the hymn is a spiritually rewarding experience leading to freedom.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »
Early in the morning on the 1st of September, 1896, young Venkataramana reached Arunachala temple after an epic journey from his home in Madurai. From the railway station he went direct to the Temple. Strange to say, untypically even at that early hour all the temple doors, including those of the Sanctum Sanctorum were wide open, as it were, for the Father to receive His Son immediately upon his arrival in Tiruvannamalai. Unhindered, unnoticed and unhesitating the youth ran in and reported himself to his Father thus:-

O Lord, obedient to Thy call, here have I come, deserting all. No boon I ask, no loss bemoan, Take me in and make me Thine own.   That very moment all physical and mental excitement disappeared, and he felt perfect peace and bliss unalloyed.

One Hundred and eighteen years later, his gracious presence continues to capture sincere seeker's heart and guides them to their final destination of Arunachala, the Divine Self in the Heart of all.
Celebrations of this event were held today, 1st September, with the traditional morning Mahanyasa puja, special abhishekam at the big temple, and the Ramana Mandiram group visiting us from Madurai. Further Mr. Mervin Alexander, Postmaster General, Chennai City Region attended a special function in the ashram honoring the release of the permanent pictorial cancellation.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »
Recent conversion of dirt road leading to the library using tiles inadvertently removed stones and pillars frequently used by Ramana Maharshi. Senior devotees disapproved of the removal of these sacred stones. In deference to their wish ashram has re-installed most of the older stones and the two pillars. Fortunately the workers had carefully preserved all the stones and the steps have been rebuilt using these stones. In accordance with the prayer in Aksharamanamalai we can have the satisfaction of touching the stones touched by Bhagavan ?Regard me! Take thought of me! Touch me! Mature me! Make me one with Thee, O Arunachala!?

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
Navarathiri Celebrations Live webcast

Join Us for Navaratri September 24 - October 3rd (4 photos)
Navaratri worship at the ashram includes Lalita Sahasranamam (Laksha Archana) and the recital of sacred Devi Mahatmyam. Devi Mahatmyam describes the fierce manifestation (Ugra Swarupa) of the Divine which exterminates evil forces completely whereas Lalita is the gentle manifestation of the Divine Mother. You can join the worship in the following ways:

1. Tune into Voice of Arunachala radio station and listen to the chanting of Devi Mahatmyam in Sanskrit between 6:07 AM and 6:37 AM IST(4:37 PM EST) repeated after six hours every day.

2. Listen to the commentary on Devi Mahatmyam in Tamil by late Sri Swami Ranganathanandaji Maharaj for one hour following the above chanting. We are thankful to Ramakrishna Mission for permitting us to use their copyrighted material.

3. Watch the vesper service (Harati) in the ashram from 6:30 PM(approximate) through live webcast from
our website www.gururamana.net.

4. Follow us in the Facebook or ashram website for latest photos and video posting.
Sri Ramana Maharshi quotes from Lalita Sahasranamam to establish that Heart center taught by him is different from the Anahata Chakra of the Kunadalini Yoga. The Heart that Bhagavan teaches is the Alpha and Omega reached directly by self-enquiry whereas the Anahata Chakra is situated on the way to Sahasrara Chakra from Mualadhara. Talks with Ramana Maharshi 398 says in part:

D.: What is Anahata?
M.: Anahata is the chakra lying behind the heart. It is not samvit. Lalita Sahasranama has it, Anahata chakrasthayai namo namah (Salutations to the core situated in Anahata) and the next mantra Hrit (in the Heart). Thus it is clear that Anahata is not the same as Hrit.
A gentleman asked if the yogis also reach the anahata and thus realize the Heart-center as is done by the jnanis but in a different way.

M.: Anahata is not the same as the Heart-centre. If so, why should they wander further on to Sahasrara? Moreover, the question arises because of the sense of separateness persisting in us. We are never away from the Heart-center. Before reaching anahata or after passing it, one is only in the center. Whether one understands it or not, one is not away from the center. Practice of yoga or self-enquiry is done, always remaining in the center only.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:01:16 PM by Balaji »

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
Last evening's atmospheric procession of Goddess Yogambikai around the samadhi-shrines in Sri Ramanasramam, prior to the commencement of Navratri Festival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4ZLgaZ5Ek&feature=youtu.be

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5VUIF6Rko
Ramana Maharshi "Mahanirvana room " by David Godman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j7FcbuajeE
Ramana Maharshi kitchen -- stories by David Godman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2SjkmWwNlg
Ramana Maharishi --- David Godman "Dining hall "

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 12:01:06 AM »
Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj Passes Away

Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj , a staunch devotee of Sri Ramana Maharshi and a resident of Sri Ramanasramam passed away on October 14, 2014 at about 1:30PM. His enlightened and inspiring presence at the ashram will be missed by one and all.

Swamiji came to Sri Ramanasramam nearly four decades ago and was a permanent resident of the ashram. He has written Sadhanas from Guru Vachaka Kovai, Sadhanas from Devi Kalottaram and Sadhanas from Sri Ramana Gita and many other books. He has also composed 108 names (ashtotram) on Sri Ramana Maharshi's mother in Sanskrit which is available as an ashram publication. Swamiji has been compared to Nachiketas for having defied death several years ago and returning from the abode of death after medicos gave up hope.

His Holiness Sri Swami Shantananda Puri Maharaj of Vasishta Guha (Himalayas), was born on 6th May, 1928, in Tiruvaiyaru (the land of five rivers), Tamil Nadu, India. Swamiji is a disciple of Parma poojya Sri Swami Purushottamananda Puri Maharaj, who was the disciple of Swami Brahmananda (the great disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa). Swamiji is a scholar par excellence in vedic scriptures as well as in the puranic texts. His simplicity, transparent deep faith in the divine force and absolute surrender to the Supreme has made him an ideal combination of Jnana and Bhakti.

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 07:53:34 AM »
i have had the privilege of seeing and interacting with Him few times.May He guide us.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »
Once I and my wife met him in Asramam.  He invited us to his room in Korangu Thottam.  We went in the afternoon.
We were talking to him for sometime.  He then blessed us by placing his hand on our heads. We made a small
contribution, after seeing many medicines on his side table.  He refused to accept it.  Later he reluctantly accepted it.
He only told us to read first the reminiscences of devotees to understand Sri Bhagavan better.  He had his dhiksha
from Purushottamanada ji of Sri Ramakrishna Ashram after 32 years of family life.

Arunachala Siva.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »
Dear Subramanian Sir and drSundaram Sir

I missed him for his blessings.

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
most of the days  He comes when Bhagavan's milk offereing  pooja, in the mng, is done.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 01:07:54 AM »
Dear Friends,

I came across this beautiful letter in an old issue of Mountain Path and have been meaning to share with you all. I don't know if it is written by the same person but this letter is by Swami Shantananda Puri and is from the Mountain Path 2005 Oct Issue. I am amazed by the timing, I came across this message in the past week and have been thinking about it.

Have any of you met Swami Shantananda? Yes, yes, he is the Swamiji, with the child-like, gleeful smile on his face, bursting with joy. He is often seen at Sri Ramanashramam. Swamiji is an ardent devotee of our Bhagavan Ramana. Talking to Swamiji, is like talking to an innocent child, simple and open. On Bhagavan?s Jayanthi day in 2004 (Jan. 8th 2004), a family with two children approached Swami Shantananda for his blessings. The Swamiji was
residing at Sri Ramanashramam in the cottage assigned to him. He was at that point of time in mouna i.e. in silence. The family requested Swamiji
to give instructions to the kids on how to meditate. Since the Swamiji was in mouna, he wrote down a very beautiful, simple message. This letter
is a treasure, it is from God?s child to all children between 0 -99 years. This heart-felt message was written very spontaneously, and all present felt the
blessings.

=====================
Dear Children,
OM. In life as you grow, you have to meet problems. Even as children,  problems in school, problems in house, health problems. So in all
these problems, there is one helper sitting inside our heart. He is very kind, all powerful. He will help if you call him. How to call? There
is a code word -? daily sit down for 15 minutes and shut your eyes. By imagination, imagine that you are seeing in the right side of the
body next to the HEART which is on the left. Then you just think continuously ?Who Am I?? ?Who Am I??. The one who is sitting
inside the Heart is called GOD. Also, called the SELF. But His petname is ?I?. If you do it daily, your intelligence, memory, beauty,
creative capacity ? all will grow ? and one day you will become great. Do not repeat ?Who Am I? but go on feeling ? focus your
attention. It looks difficult. Do it for 6 months ? so easy! It will help you at all times.
Blessings of Bhagawan. HARI OM.
What is HARI OM? Short form for ?Hurry Home? ? Wish you a nice journey! (pointing to the heart, meaning the inward journey)
? Swami Shantananda
Jan. 8th, 2004 (Jayanthi Day)

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

drsundaram

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 08:01:50 AM »
wonderful and timely recap ms lathaji. thank you.Om Namo bhagavathe Sri Ramanaya